I’m appreciating my purifier more and more. It’s surprising I need a fan now and then this far into fall but I do. The heat must be on (it’s 61 outside) and it makes it hard to breathe. I’m sure I’ll welcome it when it gets really cold, though.

Yesterday was intense. Cuz tried to pick up my prescriptions but they hadn’t been called in yet. She asked for a refund on the cough medicine but they didn’t have anything showing I’m signed up with hospice so she couldn’t get that.

My pain was intense, too, even with pain med taken every four hours. Thank goodness for company to distract me. My former boss from the Mother Ship and a then co-supervisor came from what I thought would be a long distance but it turned out to be only 30 miles or so. Thankfully, they did most of the talking but all of it was enjoyable. I regretted that we didn’t get a picture but they say they’ll be back.

Cuz’ sister (also my cousin) came in to say hello and then both she and her husband stopped to say goodbye. I asked him to read my life sketch at my memorial and he agreed to do it. I’ve sent it and the request to write my obituary to DD. She wanted to know if it was an assignment from hospice but no, it’s an assignment from me. I can’t self-edit and it’s rather long. On the obituary, I’ve only written when I was born and “went to sleep in Jesus on ___________”.

The wheelchair and oxygen replacements were delivered. The delivery man called and was having a hard time finding the house. I guided him down the lane and onto the road that leads here. I guess Cuz or one of the others flagged him on in. I haven’t seen the wheelchair. The concentrator has water to moisten the oxygen, which is nice. I don’t get the big bloody boogers any more but the mist condenses in the tubing and I end up having to blow water out of my nose now and then. One of us will call Monday to see what to do about that. I don’t think I’ll drown but it still shouldn’t come out in big drops.

Cuz was finally able to get the prescriptions but they still wouldn’t refund the money. I can afford the $16 but it’s the principle of the thing.

I was having some especially bad pain so Cuz drew up some of the liquid pain med and I took it. It went to work and did the job but, boy! did it taste bad!

Last night, I watched one “It Takes a Church” and then I watched 1.5 concerts I’d recorded off the Hope Channel. One was the Metro Singers from Hyattsville, MD. The other was an organ concert. I didn’t get the organist’s name but it was amazing to watch his hands skim up and down the four manuals and his feet dance on the pedals when he played “Toccata and Fugue in D Minor” by J.S. Bach. The singers are in front of the pipes. It’s the Spencerville, MD, SDA Church.

I found a picture of the organ. I wouldn’t know what to do with all that.


Bedtime was earlier than usual and I slept well. I hope to repeat that tonight but it won’t be earlier, I’m afraid.

When I took my morning meds, I took the time-release pain med, too. I didn’t have to take anything else until about 5:45 TT. That was almost 10 hours. I was alert, too, most of the day. I did go to sleep after my meals.

Getting out of bed, I discovered I have a “place” on my backside that was a little warm. I put some Melagel on it and am hoping that will take care of it. I’d hate for my skin to start breaking down.

My “first husband” and his wife came to see me. We got married in a mock wedding at a shower my mother threw for a young couple. I was 8 and he was 12. My CIL showed them in and was the quintessential host, offering to get chairs for them (they decided to sit on the bed) and asked if they wanted something to drink. The wife agreed to a bottle of water.

We had a nice visit and they gave me some good information about a couple of products that have helped them. He’s been in and out of the hospital a lot lately and had lost his appetite. He took the oral supplement and he’s back to eating now and he feels much better. The other is a topical pain cream that’s supposed to take care of pain as bad as mine. I’m going to order both and if I get good results, I’ll pass the information along. Before they left, they both prayed beautiful prayers for me.

I watched the last half of the organ concert and had started watching a flute and harp concert when my adopted sister (I’ve known her since I was 14) sent a private message that she was at the Wedgwood concert at the university church. Evidently, not too many people know there’s only one “e” in Wedgwood because my sister sent the link for streaming it and she misspelled it, too.

Sis asked if it would be okay if my BIL and his wife and my SIL came tomorrow. Of course! I’m sure they’ll understand if I nod off. Once, my BIl and wife came to see me at the hospital and I was a patient, in with food poisoning. I couldn’t keep my eyes open. They’d brought me a basket of muffins but there was no way I was able to eat them.

Once again, Cuz and my CIL have taken excellent care of me. When I’d eaten my tapioca, Cuz asked me if it was okay. Yes, it was. She said she’d make me some more since that was the last of it. I asked her to back off a little more on the sugar and on the vanilla. It’s surprising how much sweeter that sugar is than the regular stuff you buy at the store. Makes you wonder how much the store-bought is cut.

After supper, I nodded off and slept for an hour and a half or so. It’s already 11 TT and I need to get this published. It was so nice when I was on Liberty Pass. It would save and publish first time both times. I wish it would do that routinely.

Must proof this and get to bed. Have a good night with sweet dreams, y’all!

4 Responses to Stuffy

  1. Karen Pires October 30, 2016 at 5:56 am #

    Wow! You had a busy day!

    • Tommie October 30, 2016 at 12:23 pm #

      Seems all of them are that way lately. I’m tired.

  2. Walter from UR October 30, 2016 at 8:40 am #


    The medical supply vendor should be able to resolve the issue with your concentrator, without too much effort. It obviously should not be doing what it is doing, and I am glad that even with the issue, it is giving you some relief.

    May the love of the Lord surround you and give you peace this day.


    • Tommie October 30, 2016 at 12:24 pm #

      I’ll ask Cuz to call tomorrow. It has to be something simple. This is just a first for both of us.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.