Thursday All Day Long

I was up far too long last night familiarizing myself with the DVR. I finally found where to look for the list of things I set up to record. I guess I have to wait until I get some headphones that really work to watch anything. Oh, and the updating has completed!

upsBefore I go any further, there are a couple of things I didn’t report last night. One was sayting there was a notice from UPS at the house that an attempt was made to deliver a package to me, signature required. I knew I hadn’t ordered anything so I had no idea what it was. After jumping through several hoops (which isn’t easy in my condition), I was able to talk to a real person. I found out who it came from (Vital something or other) and I gave her the current address. Not to worry. It would be rerouted.

Next day, here it came. It was an envelope that had seen better days and it wasn’t even addressed to me. The name wasn’t familiar so Cuz set out to find the phone number and call the person. When the phone was answered, she recognized the voice. It was supposed to go to the people who live in the house above mine! She didn’t know their last name so it hadn’t rung a bell. The envelope contained the husband’s birth certificate and he’d had to pay extra to have it sent by UPS rather than snail mail. When she went out there today, she delivered it.

The second thing is, I got a letter from Vanderbilt. It’s a copy of the letter that was sent to my pulmonologist. Yada yada yada and then it said I was being rejected for the transplant program due to my advanced age. Well, I’d decided long ago that I really didn’t want to go that route and this just sealed the deal. Thank you, Lord. The final decision didn’t have to be mine.

Now, back to Current Events.

The home health lady called and said she was coming to give me a bath. Would that be okay? I was apprehensive but I said yes. She didn’t get here quite as soon as she said she would but it was plenty soon enough. She got all of the preliminaries done — temperature and blood pressure (it was up a little at 122/70, I think). When she checked the order, it was for a sponge bath. She called the office and had that changed to a shower.

Cuz put the shower chair in the tub and I climbed in. The lady decided that, rather than have the shower coming down on me from that height (there was no handheld), she would get a cup and wet me down with it. The bathroom was a little on the cool side and I’d hope to relax in the tub but we got started. She scrubbed my head (and it needed it) and washed my back. I did the rest of my body except she did my feet. She commented on what good skin I have. I guess she sees a lot of skin tears and bruising. I haven’t gotten to that stage yet.

After the bath, she helped me put the terrycloth robe on and she said everyone needs one of those. She dried my hair and helped me back to my chair. All in all, it wasn’t nearly as harrowing as I expected. Next time, the bathroom will be warm and Cuz said she will put up the handheld she has in the garage. If Humana will allow it, she’ll come twice a week. That’s still a far cry from the daily baths/showers I used to take but better than once a week.

My niece prayed some beautiful prayers for me and my well-being while she was here. When she learned about my painful arm, she prayed for it, too. I must say, it hasn’t hurt like it did before. She also prayed before she left.

Along with my niece, my nephew visited this afternoon, as well. They did a lot of catching up with each other so I didn’t need to talk as much. He said I coughed more than I did when he was here before. I hardly coughed at all, to tell you the truth.

Oh, before the nephew got here, my niece plied her skills as a nurse and gave me my B12 shot. She did such a good job, I didn’t even feel it.

Cuz brought some more things from the house and had me tell her what stays and what goes. She found all but one pair of my MBTs. I remember ordering a brown pair I had to send back because it was too big. I hope I’m not sending her on a wild goose chase. I’m not 100% sure I have another brown pair. I’ve started second-guessing myself.

Tomorrow, my niece will be back and I’ll see my academy roommate for the first time in 52 years. Talk about a reunion!

Well, I’m tired so I’ll close this down for tonight. Sleep well, everyone!

6 Responses to Thursday All Day Long

  1. Mary Jane Graves September 9, 2016 at 7:16 am #

    That really was a busy day!

    • Tommie September 9, 2016 at 12:27 pm #

      Yes, and today will be busy, too.

  2. Les September 10, 2016 at 11:01 am #

    Hi Tommy,
    I think I still have the set of headphones I bought for my Dad. Let me know if you want them and I’ll see if I still have them, if so I can ship them to you. Just email me to let me know.


    • Tommie September 10, 2016 at 9:41 pm #

      Tell me how much and I’ll PayPal you!

      • Les September 11, 2016 at 12:22 pm #

        No payment is necessary! I’d rather see someone get some use out of it, it’s just sitting in a cabinet.

        • Tommie September 11, 2016 at 2:40 pm #

          At least let me pay for the shipping! Send me an email at reallyrawfood @ gmail dot com and I’ll send you my address. Thank you so much!!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.