The Waiting Game

The day started out on the wrong foot. (Does the day have feet?) I woke when I usually do but my eyes wouldn’t stay open. I went back to sleep and didn’t get up until THEN. I won’t say when. I’m embarrassed.

After I made the bed and did my body test, I made preparation to shoot myself. It went okay. I wasn’t able to draw up all of the liquid but it was a full ml which is what I’m supposed to have.

Sabbath, a letter had come about the Mother Ship changing companies that manage the 403b and 401a accounts. I didn’t know how that would affect me so I put a call in to the man who had been my advisor before I retired.

I’d planned to go to town today. I couldn’t shower because I was waiting for The Phone Call. I couldn’t go to town without showering so I was stuck.

Most of the day was spent in waiting. I did get some things done. I rearranged the little freezer that lives in the pantry.

When the phone call came, I’d finished the freezer. The man told me he’d been under the impression that retirees would be affected by the change but now he didn’t know. So…I still don’t know any more now than I did. After we hung up, I remembered a question I wanted to ask him so I called back. As luck would have it, he was on another line so I left a message. It was back to waiting. He finally called, I got an answer to my question and it was too late to go anywhere.

For days, I’ve wanted to make Super Duper Gut Bombs. I figured there was no time like the present. I’d gotten a canister of oats out of the freezer just for the purpose. A long time ago, I’d bought a larger scoop so I could make bigger patties so, when everything was cooked and ready to go, I got it out. It did fine for the first pan but then the little “scooper” dealie that is supposed to clean what’s scooped out didn’t pop back the way it should. I had to keep pushing it back in place. I knew it was priced pretty cheaply but it would be nice if it didn’t act that way.

The Bombs were all done and cooling and I was getting my supper together when Cuz came in to check on me and make sure I was still alive. She’s been overdoing again and is sore. She was going to get something to eat and veg out the rest of the day. I’d like to see that. I don’t think she’s capable. When I told her I’d rearranged the freezer, she wanted to know if I did the one in the garage. Well, no. She said she put two packages of okra in it. I know I won’t go hungry.

Well, I still haven’t had my shower. It’s kind of late to take it now. I think I’ll go to bed grimy and get ‘er done in the morning. The bed will be changed Friday, as usual.

I left the patties on the pans and put all of them minus one in the freezer. When they’re frozen, I’ll put them in a freezer bag to store.

The day hasn’t been a complete bust. I did get some things accomplished and it’s time to say it’s over.

2 Responses to The Waiting Game

  1. Mary Jane August 25, 2015 at 4:51 pm #

    Waiting for a call can be frustrating (didja know that?)!

    • Tommie August 25, 2015 at 5:41 pm #

      If I didn’t before, I do now.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.