Midweek Mem’ries

Friday was spent getting the loose ends tied up. I’d sit down to relax, then see something else that needed doing, get up and get back at it again. Cuz was busy, too, and went ahead and planted the flowers and herbs we’d gotten the day before. I planted cilantro and cucumbers, neither of which has shown anything yet.

DD and her SO got here later than planned. It took a long time to get the car they’d reserved. I was “sleeping in” Sabbath morning when the phone rang. It was DS1, paying me back for the times I’ve called him when he was asleep. It wasn’t on purpose, though.

There were only five of us (DS1 and my DIL, DD, SO and me) around the table for a late lunch since my 19 year old granddaughter had a “do” to go to for a friend of hers who is, if I didn’t misunderstand, is getting married. Is she old enough to have friends in that age range??

We visited after the meal and they took their leave not long before dark. I was close to exhausted but did my part cleaning up the mess. Thankfully, DD loaded the dishwasher and started it up. Thankfully, I have a good dishwasher.

I do praise the Lord that I’m feeling better. I’m getting stronger every day and can tell that my breathing is easier. I still put on the cannula when I can tell my O2 is getting lower than it should. I didn’t wear it during the visit.

Sunday, we went to see DS2 and his family and then to DS1’s where we met up with the granddaughter who couldn’t be here Sabbath. We had been to the university supermarket earlier. After all that, we stopped at my favorite Chinese hole-in-the-wall restaurant to eat. I was pretty tired when we got home. It had been a pleasant day, though.

There was another planned power outage that morning. Thankfully, the temperature is warm enough that keeping comfortable wasn’t a concern. That was two of three planned outages. The third had to be postponed because of weather. I’ve heard that it is to take place in the fall.

Monday, we toured the towns on both sides of the mountain and I got my hair cut! I’ve had to do some correcting here and there but it’s much better than the cascading curls I used to have.

While we were on the church side, I went in and played a couple of songs on the organ. It was the first time since June of last year that I’d touched it. We were walking around the grounds when we saw a truck parked behind the buildings and it was the Cavalry! I introduced all around and we had a good little visit. Then it was on to the hospital and nursing home where we surprised Genese. We could have stayed and talked for hours but time was getting short.

Home Health was here yesterday morning and I’ll probably be discharged from physical therapy on Thursday. The nurse went ahead and discharged me after my B12 shot. It’s bittersweet because I enjoyed the visits but I don’t want to be homebound indefinitely.

This morning, on the three years ago online devotional, I was surprised to see I was the first one to comment and it was requesting prayer for Genese’s son-in-law when he’d met with the train. I’m happy to report that he’s doing well these days in spite of the fact that he’s a double amputee.

DD and her SO went to eat lunch with friends from long ago. I was invited, too, but I needed some “down time”. Yesterday, we went to a State Park in the afternoon and I did fine on the way down to an overlook but pooped out on the way back and had to spend the rest of the time in the car. Guess I overestimated my abilities.

I took a few pictures of one of the many falls and the folks I was with.



Faint Rainbow

SO and DD

Last night, Cuz called and asked if DD’s SO could help her unload something this morning. He agreed and the time set was between 9 and 10 EDT. I woke at 8:10 TT which was already in the span. When I looked out, I saw the vehicle. I checked Facebook and Cuz had messaged me. When they got through, she came over for just a minute before she was off and saw my ears had been lowered.

After the couple left, I busied myself in the kitchen (after I ate breakfast). There was enough food to feed a small army and, after DD made a big pot of soup yesterday, we had to store what was left in Cuz’ fridge. I got out all the stuff we’re tired of and containerized it to go in the freezer. That way, it will go to waist a bit more gradually than if I tried to eat it all now. Other than that, I’ve done a load of laundry and taken a bath.

The couple is back and got the rest of the soup out of Cuz’ fridge. I’d already eaten but it tempted me and I ate some more. Now, DD is sitting on the loveseat crocheting and her SO is sitting in the big armchair with his feet up while he’s computing. It’s a quiet evening in my castle.

6 Responses to Midweek Mem’ries

  1. Lila April 29, 2015 at 10:08 pm #

    Sounds like you’ve covered a lot of territory in the past few days. So glad you’re getting stronger!

    • Tommie April 29, 2015 at 10:35 pm #

      We have and me, too!

  2. Peach April 30, 2015 at 4:24 am #

    I agree, glad you have had some good company, the state park looks wonderful.

    • Tommie April 30, 2015 at 9:27 am #

      It’s beautiful. Too bad they couldn’t have seen more.

  3. Mary Jane April 30, 2015 at 2:29 pm #

    Beautiful pictures, but I remember how cold the water is in that pool!

    A week can go by awfully fast, can’t it? Families are too scattered out, but things will be different in heaven.

    • Tommie April 30, 2015 at 2:49 pm #

      I had on a sweatshirt and was a bit cool where I was. It’s always cool up there unless it’s August.

      Yes, we’re on the far side of half the week now. We ARE too scattered. The SO likes the trees here better than the ones in Washington. I told him he could move to Tennessee and bring DD with him.

      Heaven WILL be different and aren’t we glad?

Leave a Reply to Tommie Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.