Of a Saturday Night

Thursday night, I did something I can’t remember doing, ever. I know I must have sometime in my youth but not in recent memory. I slept from a little after 9 p.m. until after 3 a.m. Six hours of uninterrupted sleep! On my best night, I can get two, maybe three hours before having to get up and go to the bathroom. It was so nice to sleep six.

Yesterday, I didn’t take a nap. While I might have been able to, I didn’t do it. Cuz was here off and on. Breathing treatments break up my waking hours a lot. I do get so tired of them. Every four hours they come around. BLECHHHH!

DS1 accidentally “butt” dialed me, or so I thought. Turns out it was the Computer Owner and she actually did call. It went to voice mail before I could get to the phone. She thought I might be asleep so she took my co-op order to Cuz’ house. Cuz told her I was eating and she could bring it over here. I don’t know what’s going on at the co-op but I think I’ll quit ordering and get stuff places I know they’re in stock. And I’ll know what I’m getting.

While Cuz was here, she stripped the bed, washed the sheets and pillowcase and made the bed up again. She also did a load of clothes. I think I’ll keep her.

She didn’t stay long but gave me some beautiful strawberries. When I got through eating, I did the vinegar/water swish and let them drain on a paper towel. Hopefully, it will do the trick and, so far, it seems to be working.

Last night didn’t bode well for sleeping long stretches. I was back to the two hour segments. I’m thankful to say I didn’t have any problem getting back to sleep after my many trips.

Today has been pleasant. I watched the 9 a.m. session of Jose Rojas’ talk at the Florida campmeeting in 2014. I bless youtube that such is available!

I’d heard him speak on Gideon before but this was a little different take. Even if it hadn’t been, it would have been interesting.

My lunch was quite substantial and I’d only finished eating when the Computer Owner came in bearing a plate from the fellowship meal! I appreciated the gesture but I have so much food here that needs to be consoomed. Whenever I eat a fellowship meal, I’m usually left hungry and I come home and eat, anyway. I’ve put it away for tomorrow and hope it will be edible by then. If it isn’t, I have plenty of food, otherwise.

The CO sat down for a visit. Many times, when I try to talk, I cough and this was no exception. That was okay. I’d cough and she’d talk. It went that way for a little while when a phone call came in. I answered it as best I could but it didn’t last long.

About half an hour later, Cuz came over prepared to take me out for a ride. The CO decided that was her cue to leave and we started getting ready. I changed into something more presentable and she went to warm up the van. Then we needed to get the portable O2 going. It refused to work on the right setting so a different one had to be selected. The cannula had seen better days. It was discarded in favor of a new one.

The problem with the O2 necessitated the construction partner coming over and lending his expertise and we were finally ready to go.

I don’t know how long we drove around. There was lots of forsythia in bloom and I saw several Bradford pears that had been killed by the 24 degree temperatures last night. The daffodils everywhere made up for the trees, though. The sheer numbers were amazing.

We went by Cuz’ childhood home as well as Mother’s house. The house across the street must be occupied. There were both a truck and a car in front of the garage.

Driving around in a large loop, tornado damage was still apparent. I can hope that’s never repeated but there are no guarantees.

Back at the house, I was left to do (what else?) a breathing treatment. That out of the way, I decided I would put gauze pads on my new cannula lines. Getting my equipment together, I proceeded to staple the gauze around the lines. Easier said than done. My stapler is a piece of garbage. I borrowed Cuz’ stapler but it didn’t crimp the ends but left them sticking out a bit too far for comfort. Praying my way through, mine finally worked well enough two times.

After sundown, Cuz came over with a bag full of stuff. Stuff to help with coughing, sunflower seeds (I’d ordered the wrong thing from the co-op and I was told they probably couldn’t be returned), and TWO bags of raw peanuts! I’m well supplied! Putting them away, Cuz bade me good night and locked me in.

And now it’s time for (guess what?). Oh, well. If it will do me good, I’ll keep it up but it ain’t fun.

4 Responses to Of a Saturday Night

  1. Genese March 29, 2015 at 8:35 pm #

    My 6 year old granddaughter has asthma and had to have a breathing treatment in an ER recently. Her nurse told her that she followed directions better than many adults. Belladonna let out an exaggerated “Duh. It helps me breathe”.

    • Tommie March 29, 2015 at 8:53 pm #

      To be honest, I can’t tell much difference but I don’t have asthma. Poor Bell!

  2. Mary Jane March 29, 2015 at 8:41 pm #

    I need a Cuz!

    • Tommie March 29, 2015 at 8:51 pm #

      We ALL need a Cuz!

Leave a Reply to Mary Jane Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.