Yesterday, I had to be at the audiologist’s office at 9 TT. My hearing aid was back and it would have to be adjusted and paired with the other one. I called my cousin and she said to please feed the animals again. She wanted to know how the kittens were doing and I told her they are getting big. She laughed and said she has the paperwork to get them fixed. I don’t think that’s gonna do it. She’ll have to physically take them in to the vet. I mentioned Six and she said that one isn’t their cat. No matter. If Six is a female and has kittens…Yep. They’re going to be the crazy people with 27 cats.

I came back from being mobbed again, ate breakfast, showered and set out. The highway department was resurfacing the road down the mountain. I was stopped long enough that I was a few minutes late.

The aids were duly adjusted and I was out in an hour and a quarter. Walmart was next. I walked from one end of the store to the other and was glad to get through.

It was around 1 o’clock when I got home. The special service today called for a fellowship meal so I set to and made some more of the Pimiento Cheese Style Hummus. I wasn’t going to make the same mistake I did before and have my food burned to a crisp.

One of my forum members/Facebook friends sent me a private message saying she and her family were at the state park up the mountain from the town where I go to church. She wanted to meet me while they’re here and they will be leaving tomorrow afternoon. That didn’t give a lot of leeway for either of us to fit into the other’s schedule. I suggested we meet at a restaurant and that’s what we’re going to do.

Just before dark, I went over and fed all the animals again.

Last night, I was sleeping so well when I was rudely awakened by leg cramps. I had more than twice as many steps on my pedometer than I usually do these days and my muscles were letting me know they weren’t happy. As soon as they’d calm down, here would come another wave. At 2:45 a.m., I got up and took a pain pill. The cramps were knocked out and I slept until the alarm went off at 5:30.

The special service was Steve Darmody in concert. Now, if you’ve never heard Steve, you are deprived. My sister emailed, “It’s such a treat to hear somebody sing instead of jigging around, making faces, and hollering into a microphone.” I have to agree. He’s not painful to look at, either.

Steve Darmody

The preliminaries were shortened which was fine with me. I would have been happy if there had been even less for me to do.

I’d told my friend who shares the pew with me about how good Steve is and she was kind of like, “Yeah, yeah, yeah. I’ve never heard of him.” When he started singing, she looked around at me like, “AHHHHHHHHhhhhhh!!” I grinned and nodded.

The songs were beautiful (even though he didn’t sing my favorite) and the experiences he shared between were very interesting. If you ever have a chance to hear him, do.

Genese had looked up some of his songs on youtube and she said she got goose bumps when she heard this one.

World Vision sponsored the concert and there was a lot of material to look at after. I threaded my way through the crowd and went to get my food ready.

I was able to snag a CD and a little stuffed lamb and when I told Steve I was taking them to Genese (I’d told him about her briefly), he said, “Tell her when she’s listening, I’m singing for her.”

My adopted sister and her husband were there from Hawaii and I got to visit with her for a little while. We were out in the sun and she asked why my upper lip was blue. I joked and asked if it were my mustache showing. She was serious, though, and when I got in the car I looked in the mirror. It was bluish. I guess the only explanation is that I have been overdoing it—again.

I stopped by the nursing home and went to the cafeteria to find a bowl for Genese’s hummus. One of the cooks asked me if I’d taken that job at Walmart yet. I told her no, but it might come down to it one of these days.

I went to the room and woke Genese up. She was thrilled to get the CD and lamb. She’s looked up all of Steve’s videos on youtube and has a playlist. I didn’t sit down. I knew if I did, I’d stay too long. I left right at 3.

When I got home, my CIL’s truck was in the driveway. I came in, changed clothes and fixed a cup of Dandy Blend. I collapsed and that’s mostly how I’ve been the rest of the afternoon.

Tonight, if my legs start cramping, you can bet I won’t wait until the wee hours to do something about it. For the first time in a LONG time, there will be dishes in the sink when I wake up. Maybe Twinkle will lick them clean. I can hope.

6 Responses to Drooped

  1. Lila September 28, 2013 at 9:55 pm #

    Wondering which song is your favorite – the one Steve didn’t sing.

    • Tommie September 28, 2013 at 10:39 pm #

      The first time I ever heard him, I didn’t know him from Adam. It was at a district meeting in the Bryan College auditorium. I was sitting in the balcony with very few other people. He sang “There Is a Savior” and I was transported. I closed my eyes and let the music wash over me. That was probably more than 25 years ago. He’s been one of my favorites ever since and that is the song I associate with him

  2. Mary Jane September 29, 2013 at 12:18 pm #

    So glad you could hear Steve in person. Hope we can have him here sometime, as he sings the way people should sing! Not many do, unfortunately.

    Hope you will enjoy your get-together today! In fact, you are probably there right now!

    • Tommie September 29, 2013 at 9:09 pm #

      I really did enjoy his concert. And I didn’t get-together, after all.

  3. Lila September 29, 2013 at 10:05 pm #

    I can imagine how you were affected by “There is a Savior” It’s a beautiful song, and no doubt Steve did it full justice.

    • Tommie September 30, 2013 at 11:24 pm #

      Oh, yes, he did. He was much younger then but The Voice was there.

Leave a Reply to Lila Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.