Early (for me) this morning, I went outside. My cousin’s van was still in the driveway and the door to her shop was open. The grass was wet (not unusual these days), getting my sandals soaked (no biggie—they’re plastic) and my feet wet. I went into her shop where she was busy making little pretties and asked her to measure me. Now I have yet another height. The nurse measured me at 5’1/2″, my cousin measured me yesterday at 5’2″, this morning, I was 5’2 1/4″. A few days ago, I measured me at 5’2 1/2″. I have no idea how tall I am. I do know that, when I stand up, my feet reach the floor and that’s what’s important.

The Woodworker was waiting for her crewmember to show up. I was making my way back to the house when he walked up. There I was, still in my housecoat. It’s kinda strange-looking but it was free so I wear it. I’m not trying to impress anyone, anyway. I greeted him (I’d met him before on several different occasions) and we talked about the fig tree. The figs are still tiny and aren’t beginning to show any signs of ripening.

Going over to the carrot patch, I was intending to pull up the one with the tallest greenery and ended up with several.


They were both interested in what I’d harvested and I told them they were carrots. They’d never seen any except orange.

I pulled the tops off, put them in the compost bin and brought the carrots into the house.

My feet were covered with grass left from mowing so I went to the bathroom to rinse them and my sandals off. The result was a plugged drain in the tub. I tried pulling the grass out with no luck. Drano? I’d have to wait until I went to the store to get some. I took my hair-cutting shears and poked around under the plug (it doesn’t come out) and pulled out gobs of grass and a bit of hair. No Drano needed and the environment is better for it.

The rest of the day has been ho-hum. Not a lot to report. My CT scan was postponed because Humana hadn’t given approval yet. I called the doctor’s office. The nurse said she’d call me back when she got it. Not much time went by when the phone rang. She’d gotten approval. She called the hospital and had it put back on the original date but not the time so I called and made a later appointment. I’m not that much of a morning person any more.

When I took the compost out, my cousin had come home. I went over and met another member of her crew. They must’ve still been pressure-washing because he said he’d gotten soaked several times today.

I’d already peeled and cut the carrots and had them on the stove. My cousin was surprised I don’t care for them raw. I like them in salad but not by themselves. I’d taken their picture:


When I ate them, the white ones were a bit less sweet than the yellow or orange. If I’d closed my eyes and eaten them, I doubt I could have told any difference.

Twinkle wasn’t too happy with me this evening. I think she was under the impression I’d forgotten her B-12. I’d filled her bowl and let her eat and then I accosted her. One of the bottles (I have three different brands) says to take it with food and it does seem to work better that way. She’d cleaned up her canned plus the dry last night.

Genese is either without Internet access or she isn’t feeling good. It’s been more than a day since she’s played a word on Wordscraper. It’s too late to call her now so I’ll wait until tomorrow. As for me, I’m sleepy.

2 Responses to Caught!

  1. Mary Jane August 21, 2013 at 11:32 am #

    I’m not a morning person, either! Never was, but I had to be when I had a job to go to. Ah, retirement!

    • Tommie August 21, 2013 at 11:49 am #

      Ain’t it wonderful?

Leave a Reply to Tommie Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.