Making It to the Finish Line

Hallelujah, and praise the Lord! I’m not saying that lightly. I am SO THANKFUL! It is the absolute truth that taking both the generic Levaquin and Mucinex the same day has laid me low. Today marks my last dose of each. I have four of 14 Mucinex left but they can stay untaken.

Before I went to bed last night, I took some cough medicine. Immediately, I started bringing up Stuff. It wasn’t really gross. It was clear and pretty thin. My hacking was finally producing something.

I felt pretty good when I got up this morning. A little groggy, perhaps, but better than I did yesterday at the same time. My routine has been blown all to wherever that place is by having to figure out how to take the erstwhile medications. I took the final dose of Mucinyuck an hour after my thyroid med then lay down. Twinkle joined me and snuggled up next to my leg. In time for the last dose of the antibiotic (I can’t think of a word bad enough to describe it), I got up.

While I still had enough energy to do it, I juiced some oranges. The rest of my breakfast was heated up leftover lentil soup. My stomach didn’t feel so good so I lay back down and put the earthing pad on it. One of my forum friends had it sent to me. Mine’s small—only mousepad size—but it works. I’d been skeptical but I’ve used it a lot lately and it helps.

Then there was a weird something. A voice came over my netbook but I couldn’t understand what it said. Maybe it was someone talking outside. It sounded like it came from it, though. I put my handset in the little drink holder on my handy dandy table my notebook is on and I’ve discovered that it sometimes makes it dial when I do that. I spent a lot of time on MagicJack chats before I figured that one out.

My cousin called and said her husband was concerned because I hadn’t been “out and about” today like I was yesterday. I told her I wouldn’t have been yesterday if the Internet hadn’t been down and I needed to use the phone. We visited for a little while. She said the ex-Squatter hasn’t called lately. I think she said the last time he’d called her husband let him know Pooky had wandered off. Hopefully, she’s found a good home with lots of kids who think she’s adorable. She commented that her DH noticed I was very shaky and wondered if I take anything for that. I told her yes, I do, but I couldn’t for the life of me remember the name of it. Later I remembered. It’s Dopa Mucuna.

After lo, these many years, my middle sister has decided to try to abandon her Juno email. The spam she is getting is filling up her inbox and the directions she’s gotten from Juno to deal with it are very involved. She signed up for gmail three years ago in March and is attempting to acclimate herself to a new format. It IS a lot different but I think she’ll like it. After many tries, I finally got her Juno mail to forward to gmail and she can reply with that address. She’ll just have to remember to clean out her messages periodically on Juno because I don’t think she’s allowed the same capacity gmail has. She gets 10.1 GB on gmail and so far, she has used 0%.

I had to call my sister to get a number to enter into gmail and I dialed the wrong area code first. I wondered why it rang and rang and rang. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why she didn’t answer. There was no way I could remember the right one. Google Voice to the rescue, I found it there.

This afternoon, I got a message from her “new” address. Maybe she’ll be able to use it even though there will be a learning curve. No, it isn’t like Juno at all but to me it’s much better.

The mail is still in the mailbox. Tuesday is ad day. Big whoop. I’m still in my housecoat. Breathing is much easier and I’m hoping tomorrow will be a good day. Twinkle doesn’t look as concerned as she did yesterday. Thursday will be the day to watch.

Another mango is history, this one tastier than the first. My stomach feels almost normal again. I’m going to call it a day and take the compost out.

P.S. When I took the compost out, I took some deep breaths. That ended in one of the worst coughing fits I’ve had. Maybe that’s a good thing. I got rid of some more junk.

2 Responses to Making It to the Finish Line

  1. Lila May 7, 2013 at 8:32 pm #

    Your breakfast sounds like one I would enjoy, though I probably would not stop with just orange juice and lentil soup.

    • Tommie May 7, 2013 at 8:47 pm #

      I ate a bit more than that but not much. My stomach was queasy.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.