Thanks to raw food, I am still alive.

With all the situations I’ve had lately, I might have cashed in my chips otherwise. The old ticker wouldn’t have been able to take it.

I got to bed at 10:10 last night but the bedroom seemed warmer than usual. Wonder why? It was only 77.something. The first night back, it was like 64. I hung the O2 Cool in the window and went to sleep.

It was before 5:30 when I woke and got up. I’d had a revelation that some of the soreness could be coming from muscles that were accustomed to being used and were letting parts of my body down because of non-support. I can’t let that happen, plus it’s downright miserable. I did all of my exercises except for the NT and HR. My pushup was a measly 30 seconds.

100% Raw Food

30 ozzies banana/red leaf lettuce smoothie
5 bananas blended with water (I think it made about 24 ozzies but I can’t prove it)
An untold quantity of scuppernongs
A couple bites watermelon (it wasn’t ripe)
Half a cantaloupe (not the best but not the worst, either)
Kim chee
Part of a mango (I had about half of one yesterday, too, and forgot to list it)
4 small organic tomatoes
More scuppernongs

Last night, I got a call from my missing staff-member that she could come back today. She wanted to know when to come in. I gave her hours that would give the poor beleaguered evening person a break before we left.

I went into the Throes of Trouble with low expectations this morning. Again, not hanging on to Psalm 37. Anyway, you pretty much get what you expect. The girls were about to pull their hair out over the copier so I told them to sign on to the one in the ED and print back there until something was done. I offered to be the runner, even. Copies could be made at the nurses’ station. Turns out they did their own running (I really wanted the exercise but I guess they needed it, too. From there, things trended toward better.

I’d stepped out for a few minutes and when I got back, the tech from the Mother Ship was there installing the printer. He got it done fairly quickly with good support. He’d brought one for the ED as promised but when he got back there, the nurse told him it wasn’t needed and there was no room. I wasn’t aware of what was going on since I was on the phone. When I was free (supposedly), I was sent to the ED to run interference. He passed on what the nurse said and I informed him she had no idea what she was talking about and to carry on. I had already picked the spot which is on the registration desk. That doesn’t have anything to do with nursing.

Now that we have the right printers, we have barcodes on our labels! We are progressing, finally. That is part of a project they are working on. The printers were supposed to come later, anyway, but they are there now. The administrator can mark them off her equipment list.

The staff started grumbling about all the room the printers were taking up. I finally threw up my hands and said for them to handle it, that I was going to walk. And walk, I did, but not much. I went around one whole time and then went in to talk to a friend and back to the ED entrance, went in, and checked on the tech. He was waiting for the MS People to do their thing and he got it done in fairly short order. I printed off a face sheet and some labels as a test.

I went on through the building and back to the office where I found the rep from the copier company. He did a few adjustments and then gave us all some training on the Machine. He showed us how to open a pack of paper without a paper cut and it was pretty impressive. Hold the pack of paper at the sides of one end and wham the other end on the floor. That will burst the wrapping and it makes the rest easy to rip off without any straight edges tearing up the fingers.

He cautioned us not to use the finisher until the tech got there to work on it. Instead of having things coming off in multiple places, he routed all the copier jobs to one tray. That made life easier.

We got to talking later and he said he and his wife have kind of a “halfway house” for infants between the hospital and being adopted. They are due to get one next month and will have it for something like six weeks. They don’t get paid for it. They are performing a service and giving the baby a safe, loving place to be. I don’t think I could do that. I’d get attached.

He was also telling me about starting to eat more healthfully. His cholesterol had dropped from somewhere in the 260’s to like 205. That was by eating oatmeal every morning and drinking his coffee with honey, eating more fruits and veggies and less red meat. I think I like my way better. What was mine on December 15? Check here and you’ll find it was 157. His is an improvement, though.

Before he left, he went to check on the other departments and in walked the fellows from the MS Telecommunications! to talk about the phone system! They said their hope was to do away with the switchboard altogether and what would I do with the person who was sitting there? Well! I would be no more overstaffed then than I am now. That person has the hardest job of all, trying to keep track of traffic, answer questions, receipt payments, and register—plus answer the switchboard. I think she’d still be plenty busy. It isn’t up to me, though, what is decided about whether or not to have a switchboard. I’ll put in my two cents but that’s about what it will be worth. There are a couple of things that I’d wonder about. That would cut out people calling in to have people paged and it would also do away with older people calling to have us place phone calls for them. It’s something to consider. They found out where our extensions are and left to go tour the hospital.

Next to come in was the copier tech. He worked on it for quite awhile, taking the finisher apart. At one point, he was lying on his back on the floor. I don’t know that I’d want to be down there, myself. When he got it back together and was satisfied that it was working well, he settled down to wait for it to cool off so he could make sure. I had a yen for some scuppernongs so I pressed him into service to go get me some. It was hard to get it across to him where the stand was. I told him it was across from the post office. That didn’t ring a bell. Several other tries didn’t help, either. When I said it was in front of the old Hardee’s, his eyes lit up. He knew that place. He lit out with my last $3 and spent $2.50 of it. When he got back, he was all excited about the red sweet peppers. I’d venture to guess he stopped on his way out. (He hadn’t gone by yesterday.)

I washed the scuppernongs, shared them all around with whoever would take some (him and me) and put some in a bag for him to take with him. He ran the copier again and all seemed to be well. He went on his way, and we stayed where we were.

Computer Support (me) got a couple of calls plus there were various and sundry other things I had to do. I finally told my evening person if anyone else wanted me, I wasn’t there.

I’d taken lettuce with me today to blend with my bananas but I never got a round tuit. I did well to blend the bananas. I got away late, too. Not terribly late but late.

On the way home, I stopped and filled up the car and got caught up on some of the news. It was the first time I’d been to the station since I got back from NYC.

Twinkle greeted me when I got home. She’s still wanting dry food but I’m sorry. She doesn’t do well on it and I’m not going to feed her addiction.

It’s a little after 10. I’m going to hang this up and if you’d made it this far, you are a glutton for punishment.

Good night!

3 Responses to Thanks to raw food, I am still alive.

  1. copier job August 3, 2010 at 7:55 pm #

    Thank goodness for raw food. I think your recipe of random fruit looks pretty good. I’d just mix it all up into some type of fruit smoothie. That’d be pretty good I think.

    • Tommie August 3, 2010 at 8:11 pm #

      Thanks, I think. I need to get those photos back up for sure.

  2. Bill DiMinno August 4, 2010 at 8:52 am #

    Raw foods are my escape to the real world… mixing dark leafy mixing greens and berries is very important to fight off free-radicals and keeps you healthy to do your job!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.