The old noggin is still sore.

Guess you could call me a sorehead. That isn’t even funny.

I got to bed earlier last night but I overslept. I don’t remember hearing the alarm go off at all. It was 6:45 when I got up so no exercise this morning. I found this in a catalog today. I should invest in it.


32 ozzies grapefruit juice
36 ozzies banana/spinach smoothie

1 juicy pear
2 persimmons
4 baby bananas

Half a small watermelon (pretty but not as good as the others)
32 ozzies banana/raspberry smoothie
1 pint strawberries
Coconut bacon

Day 4 of Patient Access Week. The lunch today was cheeseburgers and fries with whatever people wanted on them. I was going to take the fixins’ such as lettuce, tomato, and onion, but I didn’t have time to get them together. The girls said they were good, anyway. I wouldn’t know. They smelled greasy. When I went in to get the lunch order, the woman at the register came out from behind the counter and hugged me. We hadn’t seen each other for a long time. I told her she doesn’t come by the hospital much any more and she said, “No, thank God!” I gave her my card so she can catch up with what I’ve been doing if she wants. I was pulling out of the parking lot when I realized I’d failed to get a receipt. A big no-no. I went back and, after she got what I needed, she picked up the card and wanted to know what it was about. I told her it’s the way I eat now–raw food–and I feel wonderful. She said, “Well, you look good.” That was gratifying.

I filled in as bank person and mail girl today. I normally leave a half hour early when I do that but I needed to get over the mountain to get the stuff for the goody bags for tomorrow so I cut out 45 minutes before my usual time. I swung by the cemetery and, when I got to where I was going, I drove past the herb stand to see what might be there and the only herb plants were rosemary. I’ve asked one of the girls to pick me up some cilantro plants if the nursery north of town has them.

When I got into the Dollar Tree, it didn’t have the usual display at the front so I was wandering around trying to find what I needed. I wanted to get plates, bowls, and cups to go into the Patient Access Week totes I’d gotten from NAHAM. I saw a young lady opening boxes so I asked her where I might find some. All I’d found were breakable and I didn’t think that would make very good picnic-ware. She left what she was doing and took me around to all the different things they had that I might be interested in. I found some really neat bowls with watermelon on them and I just had to get some of those for me. I got two plates, two bowls, two tumblers, and two place mats, all matching, for each of the staff. I wanted to get some snazzy flatware, too, but they didn’t have enough of the kind I picked out. As it is, I was questioned today about the money I’m spending. I feel the girls deserve every bit of it and more. They all work hard and are next to the bottom of the pay scale. They are expected to keep up with all the insurance rules and regulations, patient rights, HIPAA, the whole nine yards. I budget for this every year but if they don’t want to reimburse me for everything, I’ll pick up the slack. Anyway, back to my story. I told the young lady that I really appreciated all of her help. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without her. She checked me out as her last customer today. I gave her my card, too.

I headed home without stopping at Wally World. I was hungry since I hadn’t eaten much for lunch. When I got here, I went ahead and assembled everything and it all just fit. I don’t know if everyone will like them but I would if I were on the receiving end. Of course, we tend to get things we’d want to be given. There used to be a couple who would bring their own plates, etc., to fellowship meals. I thought that was nice. And to have stuff for a picnic, whether it’s with a SO, spouse, friend, or child, could be handy.

There was an eggplant in the fridge that needed to be used that I’d gotten for Bacon Bits. I went ahead and fixed it and it’s soaking up all that fat. I’ll put it in the dehydrator in the morning. The way it looks now, I could probably go ahead with it tonight but I’m going to hit the hay instead.

I bid everyone a fond good night and sweet dreams.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.