I almost posted this without a title.

I’m writing this while I listen to a teleconference. I’d like to have to luxury of listening to it and not “multi-tasking” but I don’t have time. Time, time! There aren’t enough hours in the day!

I overslept again this morning but it was my vision therapy day. I was able to get it all in without going too far past 7a. I’m craving sleep and I think it’s because I did without for so long that my body is taking what it needs with or without my permission.

Since today is my birthday, I had over a quart of OJ for breakfast and made a banana/spinach smoothie to take with me. I threw a bunch of fruit and more spinach into my Awesome tote and left for work.

I had several e-cards that I opened on the faster connection that the hospital has. If I ever get broadband here, it will be a celebration every day.

My snack was three Clementines.

Some friends came in to have me notarize a document and found out it was my birthday so they sang to me.

Lunch was a banana/mango/spinach smoothie. Someone made the remark that it looked like a c. difficile stool sample. I’ll guarantee you that it was much more nourishing than the dead chicken boobs they were eating. Plus it was tasty, too.

While I was having my c. diff smoothie, my son called and sang “Happy Birthday” to me.

I’d called and made an appointment to get my hair cut this afternoon. I told the hair cutter that I was either going to have to get it cut or corn-rowed. She said we’d try the cut first. I don’t know if it was the fact that I haven’t been using shampoo or not but my hair seemed to behave better this time. I’d used soda on it this morning and only put hairspray on it. I asked her to rinse it/not shampoo and she did. She put some kind of goop on it but it seemed pretty light. It shouldn’t take much to get it out in the morning.

There was still quite a bit of work time left when I got back to the hospital. I fixed some grapefruit juice and drank it. Well, you wouldn’t expect me to juice two grapefruit and then pour it out, would you?

On getting home, I opened my cards from two of my sisters. Another sister had sent me a little booklet that came earlier this week. That was my birthday celebration.

I hit the kim chee. The young coconut that I chose to fix was icy. I finally got an iced tea spoon and ate the ice that way. It was a very immature coconut and the freezing hadn’t altered it much. At least, not taste-wise.

I’d gone by the supermarket and gotten a few things. They had some teeny tiny watermelons. I had half of one. Hopefully, chilling will improve it because it tasted more like a vegetable than a melon.

I was fixing some tomato/corn/onion mixture when my daughter called. We talked for something like 45 minutes. I had salted the stuff too much and ended up throwing away the last half cup or so. I need to lick the salt habit, pun intended.

When we hung up, I had my birthday durian. I’d chosen the biggest pod and it was good. Not as good as the first durian I ever had but I may never find another that good.

Several of the forum members left me birthday wishes on a topic that my long-lost sister, Shari, started. Click here and go take a look at all the neat stuff they posted!

I had to write the date several times and, every time, I wanted to end it with “44”. 😯

Today has been sort of a blue day. Not because I’m getting older but because I miss Mother more on my birthday that any other time. I was listening to the radio in the car this morning and there was a news story about a little girl who was badly wounded in the atrocities that are part and parcel of the reality that is our world. Her parents had both been killed. Someone had stayed beside her all night and had given her pain medicine whenever she would wake and cry. He said that he couldn’t supply what she really wanted and that was her mother. That made me tear up because I know it will be a need that will never go away. I was fortunate that I had my mother as long as I did. That little girl has been robbed.

The teleconference was officially over a little after 10 but people stayed on and chatted after that. I had no idea what number was showing up for me but I finally chimed in at almost 11. I had a good conversation with Bob and Elchanan. I’ll be looking forward to downloading the recording of the conference. The “chat” session won’t be on it but that’s okay, too. I’d just as soon not be recorded. Elchanan was telling Bob that Roger Haeske was my raw food coach.

After I check the forum, I’m going to hit the hay.

Happy birthday to me and good night!

3 Responses to I almost posted this without a title.

  1. Joan February 8, 2007 at 8:45 am #

    Well, a Happy day late Birthday! You have been such an inspiration to me. I think it’s important to tell people how we feel. This is my second time doing raw and it’s been easier adding smoothies. All I ate the other time was salads. I got so I couldn’t stand looking at a salad and forget eating one. Now that I’m doing smoothies it’s made it much easier and a salad is a treat. I also appreciate your humor (chicken boobies haha!!!). Thanks again and Happy Birthday!

  2. Freedom February 8, 2007 at 5:46 pm #

    Happy Birthday!! MMMmmmm durian.
    It is such a tragedy that there is so much pain, suffering and destruction in our world.

  3. Tommie February 8, 2007 at 8:46 pm #

    Thanks to both of you for the birthday wishes! And I appreciate the appreciation, Joan. Yes, I agree that smoothies make it easier to get the amount of greens we are supposed to eat every day. I like salads but I don’t always have the time it takes to eat one.

Leave a Reply to Tommie Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.