It was Monday all day long.

I got up in time to do all of my exercises but I wanted to go by the nursing home on the way to work so I didn’t do the NT & HR.

Breakfast was 20 ozzies of OJ. I made my banana/spinach smoothie and took it along.

I left a little early in the cold morning (the temperature was up to 9 degrees from 7.5) and took the Clementines to my friend. She was surprised to see me. Her daughter asked me for my blog address again and I gave it to her. She wanted to know how I got started on eating raw food and I said she could find out RIGHT HERE. She’ll have to go back to the beginning, though. If she reads the first few posts, she’ll get the picture. If she reads all the way through, she has more courage and fortitude than I do.

It was 8:15 when I got to work. I drank my smoothie and had three Clementines for my snack. Lunch was another smoothie–banana and romaine/red leaf lettuce. I had so many interruptions it took a long time to get it down.

I stopped and got some bananas on the way home.

I was pretty hungry by the time I got here. I had some mung bean kim chee and the rest of the last batch of veggie kim chee. It was persimmon time. I could have eaten more than one but that was all I had in the house and I wasn’t encouraged to go back out in the cold. I want to find a place in the house where I can have the second fridge.

A young coconut was calling my name. It wasn’t as young as some. It was almost mature. I put most of the meat in the freezer. I’d wanted to make some gazpacho but it was too late so I had tomatoes with Tajin. I have some tiny avocados so I ate a whole one. I marinated some mushrooms yesterday and they are getting better. I had a few bites and finished off the day.

I haven’t gotten through all the new posts on the forum but it’s going to have to do without me tonight. There is some news! We knew we had one pregnant member and now we have two! We’re going to have babies!

Good night!

2 Responses to It was Monday all day long.

  1. Joan January 30, 2007 at 4:44 pm #

    Hi Tommie!
    I went back and read your first post. You mentioned the meds that you were on. Are you off all meds? The reason I ask is my daughter is on a lot of medication for many problems. She is only 32 years old and has colitis, diabetes(now controlled by diet and exercise), and 2 blood disorders. One of the blood disorders is anemia and the other one I don’t quite understand. Her blood is at a ratio that it could clot too easily. Very scary. I’m always excited to hear about people that can get off all medication. My daughter has made the decision to start transitioning to a raw diet. But there is another reason that I am posting this. If anyone reading this is thinking of going on a raw diet for any medical problem please try it! Try it now before you get on all that medicine that can cause more porblems that will cause you to have to take more medicine. I believe she got diabetes because she was extrememly overweight and had sleep apnea. And the colitis because her body was trying to shed weight to stay alive. They gave her massive amounts of steroides which I believe in the long run caused the blood disorders. And all the other medicines that she was taking for diabetes and colitis. The list at one time was very long. Her colitis is so bad that she is taking a treatment intraveneously(sp?) that hasn’t helped yet. I believe it’s called remicade. Anyway, if your reading this please try raw foods the natural way first. Tell yourself you’ll try this first. Sorry to go on, but I am passionate about this subject. I had two parents that died early and I watched what the medical profession did to them. It can’t hurt anything to give this a try first and maybe avoid the agony that medication lots of times causes.

  2. Tommie January 30, 2007 at 10:12 pm #

    I’m so sorry about your daughter. It’s wonderful she is going to transition! Steer her toward my forum. There’s lots of support there.

    The only medication I’m on is the thyroid med. I got off everything else. My dosage of the thyroid med is down by half what it was originally. I’m hoping to eventually get off it, too, but it’s taking longer. When I cut what I’m taking in half, my TSH went ‘way up so I had to go back to taking a whole tablet every day. At least it’s a very small dose.

Leave a Reply to Joan Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.