I could have been in bed by 9 tonight but I’ve fooled around.

Leave it to me to let the time slide right by. Maybe I can make it by 10.

I was in no hurry to get up and around this morning. As it was, I was able to drink my OJ before I left but I took my five banana/mango (surprisingly good)/spinach smoothie to church with me. After song service was over, I went into the Ladies’ Room and stood in front of the heater and drank it. The low this morning was 14. It had warmed up some but the heat was very much welcome. It was fairly warm in the church (I’d stopped by yesterday and turned the heat up) but a visitor had taken off her jacket and wrapped her feet with it. One of the men got up and turned the heat up some more. I tried to get her to go get in front of the wall unit but she said she’d be okay. I hate for my feet to be cold.

My son’s eye was one of the prayer requests this morning. Several people asked about him later. A lot of the people there know him and they are concerned.

I sat over in a corner and ate my four bananas when I got to the Fellowship Meal. There were so many visitors there that I was loath to have to try to eat and explain my strange ways at the same time. I was close to the dessert table where I had put the sliced fuyus. I got five wedges and put them on my plate along with some lettuce and cranberry relish. That’s when I went to the table and sat down with People. I got into a conversation with the Woman with the Wrapped Feet and found out she’s moved almost as many times as I have. Not a good thing to have in common but it was a bond.

One of the ladies came over and was talking to a man who was sitting on the other side of me. She remarked that she wasn’t sure that eating raw food is the way to go. She said she would change her diet when she found something that went along with Counsels on Diet and Foods. I would think she could follow the principles if she really wants to eat a different way. A lot of people give it lip service (pardon the pun) but never get around to doing anything about it. I was talking to a trucker later who is wondering how he could eat raw on the road. If there’s anyone out there who is successful at it on a truck, let me know. He does long hauls. You can put your e-mail into a comment and I’ll get in touch with you. Comments are never published unless I approve them so it won’t be out there for everyone to see. I told him I’d see if I could find him some help.

After I left the lunch, I went straight to the nursing home to see my friend. Two other friends were there visiting her when I went in. Later, a few more came, then some more, then still more. All in all, there were sixteen of us plus her which made 17 in the room at once. We sang Christmas songs and a father-daughter duo did a couple of country gospel songs. A good time was had by all. (That’s a phrase that was used in our hometown paper a lot.) I stayed until everyone had left and we were able to visit for a little while before it started getting dark.

I came on home and called my son so we could try Skype. I called him online, computer to computer, and it was really choppy. I don’t think it will work until (if) I get broadband. It’s still not available here and it may never be.

I’d eaten some grapes before we gave up, then I killed a coconut. It was more mature than any I’ve had so far. I ate the soft parts and put the rest away for later. I might put that in a smoothie tomorrow. I fixed four tomatoes with Tajin and then I had some kim chee. I finished the broccoli-cauliflower slaw and ate a Yukon Gold potato. I didn’t feel too good. It didn’t last long, though. I ate too much too quickly but I was HUNGRY!

I’d better feed the Nocturnal Creature and go to bed. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a day that I Get Much Done. Good night!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.