It was past my regular time to get up this morning because I’d stayed up to read Mad Cowboy. It’s a real page-turner. I wanted to finish the chapter I was on but it was several pages more. I had to make myself put it down.

I had time to do most of my exercises. I had to leave off the NT and HR.

Breakfast was OJ and a banana/romaine smoothie. I have lots of red bartlett pears, mangos, and kiwi, but none of them are ripe yet. Kind of frustrating.

The person who usually goes to the bank and post office was sick today so I went in her place. I stopped by a veggie stand in town and got some cucumbers so I had one of them for a mid-morning snack. I’d also stopped by the store and got more than 15 pounds of bananas and five mangos–all for less than $10.

This is orientation time at the hospital which made us short-staffed plus one of the regular registrars was off today. The result was that I didn’t get to go out in the sun this morning.

Lunch was a banana/romaine smoothie which wasn’t too good because the bananas were on the green side. I also had a tomato and another cucumber.

I managed to get 15 minutes in the sun this afternoon.

I headed over the mountain after work to get some things I needed. I stopped by Mother’s grave and saw that the cemetery had been mowed. It was distressing that I didn’t have my camera with me until I saw that whoever mowed it didn’t go between the tombstones. The grass looked really good in the open spaces but here and there were long tufts waving in the breeze.

It was on to town. I ended up with spinach to replace what I didn’t get from the co-op and a lounge to sun on when I’m home on the weekends. I was surprise that it didn’t cost more. It was less than $10. I looked at a pad to go on it but they were anywhere from $30 to $40. I figured a towel will be just fine and easier to carry. I wouldn’t leave it outside.

It was getting late when I got home. I’d gotten a cantaloupe at the veggie stand, too, so I cut it in half and ate it with a spoon. It would have been better if I’d waited a couple of days. I put the other half in the fridge but I’m under no illusion that it will be better tomorrow. Then I had a couple of tomatoes with Tajin. Their cost is going up (along with oranges) because of the jump in gas prices. After that, I had a good-sized salad of romaine and thinly sliced cucumber. I wanted something on it tonight so I got out the leftover cashew “gravy” (really raw cashews, onion powder, sea salt, and water) and added the juice of a lemon to it. It was very tasty. I liked it better than Matt’s dip and that’s saying a lot.

I’ve been watching “The Next Food Network Star” and took a break to write this. Think I’ll finish up the first hour and save the rest for another time.


No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.