This has been a full day! My sister had surgery and my nephew’s wife went into labor and delivered a 5 pound 2 ounce boy five weeks early. Sister, mother, and son are all doing fine.

I’ve had a request for before and after pictures on the blog. Since I’m not there yet, they will have to be before and during and I’ll try to get them up this weekend. There are pictures back in late January or early February (I don’t remember when I posted them) that are July/January and I don’t think there’s that much difference in July/February. I won’t be taking any more until around March 24. I’ve been considering having longer than a month between pictures. We’ll see.

I did my vision therapy this morning. Breakfast was OJ and a smoothie of bananas, blueberries and romaine. I was out of spinach. I don’t like romaine in a fruit smoothie a whole lot. Break, my kumquats and orange were eaten outside in the sun. When I got ready to go back inside, a woman from another department came out and started telling me that she is putting her kids on fruit and veggies because they are both overweight. We talked for a good 15 minutes. Her son is nine and weighs 152. Her daughter is over 200 pounds. I don’t remember how old she is. That’s scary.

Lunch was a banana/peach smoothie, celery, and cucumber.

I’d checked at the supermarket for spinach and there was none to be had. When I got off work, I headed for the other side of the mountain. I went by Mother’s grave and got the arrangement to bring home and rework.

The produce place was my first stop. I got a box of oranges and some honey tangerines. It was on to one of the supermarkets where I finally found some Campari tomatoes and organic! spinach. From there, I went to Wal*Mart and got the rest of the things I needed. By the time I got home, it was dark.

I unloaded everything and divided up the oranges into shallow boxes. Some of the oranges were rather soft so I used that situation to fix a large amount of juice. I was pretty hungry, anyway, and OJ is a quick pick-me-up. I didn’t have time to eat a salad so I had some creamy tomato soup and that was that.

My sister who had surgery called me and left a message on CallWave. The number didn’t show up and I don’t have the number where she is so I couldn’t call her back. I understand that she had to have four holes drilled in her head so a frame could hold her still during the surgery. That sounds intense!

It’s getting close to my bedtime. I’d better finish this up and get my food posted on fitday. Good night!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.