I was going to get to bed early tonight but no such luck. I’d printed the bulletin covers this morning but setting up for the new year took longer than I had anticipated. I didn’t have a whole lot to fill it up with, either, so I had to get creative. The person who did it this year was grinning from ear to ear when she got through her last one. She thankfully bequeathed it to me.

I did my exercising this morning. Breakfast was OJ, 1/2 a cherimoya, a persimmon, and a smoothie of bananas, blueberries, my last mango (sob), and a large amount of spinach plus some water. It just did make a quart. I wasn’t hungry at break time so I didn’t have my usual dates. Lunch was Clementines, the rest of the cherimoya, bananas, and dates. I gave my break dates to my lunch buddy.

Snow is predicted, though I doubt that it will amount to much. The roads had been sprayed before I started home. It occurred to me on the way up the mountain that I probably should have gone to the store and laid in a supply of bananas but I didn’t. I stopped at a roadside market and got their last bunch plus some tomatoes–the best I’ve had since fall.

When I got in, I had some OJ. I’d found an offer of a recipe for chili on rawlifeline and got it in my e-mail. Here it is, just as it was sent.

4 cups tomatoes
1 cup each red and yellow peppers diced
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup celery diced
tbl chili powder
1/2 tbl cumin
salt to taste
2 cups purified water

Place water tomatoes, spices in blender and blend until smooth add peppers, onion, celery mix and enjoy.


My daughter and I were talking about raw recipes and we agree that a lot of them are too heavy on the seasonings and this was no exception. I used fewer tomatoes since I was going to be the only one eating it and cut down on the other ingredients accordingly. I could have backed off even more on the chili powder and the cumin. Since I wanted it to be thick, I didn’t put in as much water as it called for, either. It was pretty good but I had to tone it down some with a dollop of cashew “cheese”. I took some pictures of it but I’m not going to stay up and post them tonight. (I came back and did it.) One of these days, I’m going to haul off and throw a bunch of them on here and hope the people on dialup don’t despair–and I’m one of ’em. More’s the pity.

I need to update fitday and go to bed.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.