It’s late! I’m going to make this short.

I didn’t get up until about 6:30 this morning. That didn’t leave any time for exercising. I did do LSE’s off and on today. I think it was either three sets or four. Anyway, that and power walking made up my exercise.

Breakfast was OJ, a white sapote, and a banana/blueberry/spinach/date smoothie. The dates I’d ordered to split with three other people came in and I spent my break plus about an hour dividing them up so I didn’t get to eat any. Lunch was half a cucumber, two Clementines, two persimmons, and two bananas.

I had to go to the bank so I stopped by the store to get some bananas. I saw an old friend there for the first time in months. Since before I started losing weight. He was amazed by my appearance. I told him I’d lost 45 pounds. He said, “You look better with it gone.”

When I got home, I started in again on my computer. I had firewalled my connection with the Windows firewall but it was like so much swiss cheese and my virus checker was popping up every few seconds with another virus. I’d quarantine and delete and delete and quarantine. Finally, I hauled out my Norton firewall software and installed it and it’s been fine ever since.

I had grapefruit juice, tomatoes, and turnip pasta with spaghetti sauce and cashew “cheese”. I’m good until tomorrow.

I haven’t installed my e-mail program yet. I couldn’t save my e-mail addresses because I couldn’t open my e-mail program to get them so the latest ones are gone. I had an e-mail from an old friend I would have liked to have kept but there was no way. He was writing about my mother and the impact she’d had on his life. He was wondering where she was buried since he’d like to go to her grave. I didn’t get a chance to answer him since it was not long after that, that my computer decided to go belly up. Maybe he’ll read this and send me that message again.

My cat had upchucked stew beef this morning. I’d cut it small, thinking that she might tolerate it that way. It wasn’t to be. I didn’t feed her anything else so she was pretty hungry when I got home. I mixed a whole lamb medallion with her Fancy Feast and she ate it! She has a little left but that will keep her going tonight. She is still sleeping on my bed at night but, as long as she has food, she’s fine and doesn’t bother me.

It’s past my bedtime–again–so I’d better fly up.

3 Responses to 113582929325083324

  1. Peach December 29, 2005 at 5:05 pm #

    This is a really interesting and well written documentation of the raw experience… i am about to undertake a two week trial of the raw food diet and document it on my blog… hopefully i will be able to carry it on further…thankyou for the inspiration that blogs like yours offer. Good luck!

  2. Peach December 29, 2005 at 5:15 pm #

    OK i have a question… my health food shop has these awesome little packets of apple ‘chips’ – freeze dried apple slices – that i love to take with me as a snack. what’s the stance on freeze-drying as a means of preparation?


  3. Tommie December 29, 2005 at 9:49 pm #

    Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck on your trial run. When I started out, I joined the Superbeing Forum. It’s free and Roger is very good as a coach. He has a paid forum, too. I’m a moderator there. He can answer just about any questions you have.

    As for the freeze drying, it isn’t kind to the food. As an occasional treat, it would probably be okay but dates would be a better choice. Medjools are your best bet unless you get them from somewhere like the Date People in CA. Their wet packs are awesome. They are located in Niland and are really good to deal with.

    Set up an account on http://www.fitday.com and try to keep your calories up by eating lots of fruit and your fat down. Have you taken a look at my daily consumption? I’ve my account public so other people can see what I eat and maybe avoid the pitfalls I encountered the first couple of weeks. Take care and, once again, good luck!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.