It was well after midnight when I got to sleep

It was well after midnight when I got to sleep last night. I need to hit the hay soon.

What kept me up was the feline of the household. She decided to turn into SuperCat and streaked through the house when I tried to catch her to put her to bed. I finally gave up and let her sleep wherever she wanted, which was on my bed part of the time.

I decided that I wasn’t even going to try to get up on time and “slept in” until 6:30. Consequently, there was no exercising of any body parts.

Breakfast was OJ, a persimmon, and a banana/blueberry smoothie. Break was pineapple and later on, dates. Lunch was bananas and dates. On up in the afternoon, I ate the other two pieces of pineapple and it’s all gone. Which is just as well since my lips were getting sore.

I finally tracked down my boxes of fruit that I’d ordered last week. They’d been at the post office for days. The cherimoya are past eating but the white sapote seem okay. The nice man at is going to send me another box of fruit to replace it. I’d already gotten it at a bargain basement price so he asked me to pay $10 plus shipping for another one. I’ve asked for a sampler box this time. I did manage to find one cherimoya that wasn’t too far past eating.

I’m getting ahead of myself. I’d headed to the cemetery after work (as a matter of fact, I left a little early) to see if Mother’s stone had been set in place yet and it had. It has a picture of her when she was in her late teens, I think. You can see it here. I have forgotten my password to update the web pages so there’s no way I can get in to fix anything. The stone has the name on it that she wanted to use. I think she would be pleased if she could know. “For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.” Ecclesiates 9:5. She may have forgotten but her family hasn’t.

I made my way to a supermarket and Wal*Mart where I got a few things. Nothing had to be weighed or looked up so I went through the self-checkout both places. My daughter would be proud.

When I got home, I had the cherimoya and sapote and fixed myself some grapefruit juice. Then I had a bowl of tomatoes. After that, it was time for my salad. It was romaine, tomato, and fresh tarragon. It was DEE-licious!

I’d e-mailed my daughter to see how she fared with the Metro strike today. She and three other people shared a cab into Manhattan where they caught the New Jersey subway (not effected by the strike) down to within a couple of blocks from where she works. She walked on in. Three of them took a cab back home and didn’t seem to have any problems. The company will reimburse them for the transportation.

I’m going to go to bed ASAP.

Good night!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.