Life in the Slow Lane

This %@#$@*! Internet has been so slow today, if I were up to it, I’d be pulling out what little hair I have. Tomorrow is what I’m looking forward to. I’ll have speeds up to 12 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up. If I had a larger data cap, it would be nice but 30 GB is very little as merm pointed out. It’s better than 8 which is what I have now and may have already exceeded — though I haven’t been able to do much. Even navigating Facebook is a pain. My nephew sent me a video but it wouldn’t load.

WordPress keeps notifying me that my connection has been lost. Not surprising.

I slept very well last night, hardly coughing any at all. If I can reach everything, I’ll do a breathing treatment before I go to bed since I’m a bit wheezy.

DysonThe purifier has been working overtime. It’s been everywhere from 3 to 4 to 6 to 9 and eventually back down to 3 then up to 4. When I get the phone reconfigured, it will be interesting to see what the air quality is. When it was on 9, it was hard for me to breathe but I lived through it.

Cuz has been here all day today. She and my CIL got the TV hooked up to Direct TV but it’s hard to hear unless I have it turned ‘way up and the closed captioning is too small to read across the room. I don’t have any patience for commercials, either. It would be nice to have a DVR but I won’t press the issue. My sister will get hers tomorrow.

Supper was a real meal! We had stuffed peppers (mine was one I’d fixed and frozen last summer), squash, okra, potatoes and sliced tomato. I cleaned my plate. Actually, it was a platter so the helpings looked very small but it was substantial. I didn’t follow it up with ice cream this time. I was full. I chose to eat in my room since I’m sure I smell to high heaven.

I’ve been waited on hand and foot and I feel just a little better. My nurse friend messaged me and suggested I get in touch with my PCP and ask him to order a home health eval. I sent the email this evening but no telling when I’ll hear from him.

My sister-in-law was planning to come visit tomorrow but she isn’t feeling well so she decided not to give me what she may be getting. I appreciate that. A dear friend I’ve had since I was barely into my teens still plans to come. I’ve warned her that my personal hygiene is lacking.

For the first time, I got a Windows 10 blue screen. It restarted my computer and all seems to be well but it was a little unsettling when it happened.

Cuz was going to help me with my B12 shot but it was too late in the day to do it when she got a round tuit. We were going to shoot me in the leg but I can skip this week if necessary. I’ve done it before. I can do it again.

12 Responses to Life in the Slow Lane

1. Dorothy Tainter August 25, 2016 at 6:39 am #

Tommie, So happy to see that you are on here this morning, however briefly. To let you know, all of the UR family have been concerned regarding your being MIA and all are keeping you in prayer. I pray that your absence is a matter of lack of good internet connection and that this will be resolved soon. Hope you have a hard copy of the UR. Prayers for your well being and so happy that you are able to eat a good meal. Hoping that this helps build you up.Blessings and peace to you sister.

• Tommie August 25, 2016 at 12:15 pm #

I guess the blue screen took over when I was almost through with my UR comment and it so disturbed me I forgot to go back and post it. I’ve been able to read the devotionals, anyway. Thanks for your concern!

2. Lila August 25, 2016 at 7:06 am #

Why do women cry when they’re happy? Because a sister has had a better night’s sleep, is eating more, and is also going to have her beloved Catz back, that’s why! Love you, Tommie!

• Tommie August 25, 2016 at 12:16 pm #

Love you, too, Lila!

3. Les August 25, 2016 at 9:20 am #

Hi Tommy,
    You may want to look into some RF headphones for your TV, I got my Dad a pair when he stayed with us so he could hear the TV late at night w/o disturbing us. Here’s a link to a pair of Sony’s:

Les

• Tommie August 25, 2016 at 12:19 pm #

Now if I could increase the size of the text!

• Les August 26, 2016 at 7:49 am #

LOL, yes, it’s odd that TV’s don’t let you do that.

4. Alice Fontana August 25, 2016 at 9:23 am #

I can already hear the benefits of living with Donna in your words. You are so very blessed. You are missed immensely on UR today. I’m sure they will be relieved as i was when they check your blog. I’m praying for your continued rest and comfort as you bask in all the well-deserved attention you are receiving in your new surroundings….

• Tommie August 25, 2016 at 12:20 pm #

Yes, it’s much better than trying to do everything on my own. And the folks here are great!

5. Patricia Soledade August 25, 2016 at 10:17 am #

Tommie,
    We in the Upper Room are surely missing you today. We know it is your internet that is preventing your post, but it is still unsettling not to see your post first thing! Looks like the problem will be solved today.
    Our prayers are for you and yours. Hang in there.
    When will your daughter arrive? Will you go back t your house while she is here?
    Sending love your way,
    Patricia of the Texas Gulf

• Tommie August 25, 2016 at 12:22 pm #

It’s all on me that I didn’t go back to comment after my blue screen experience. It unnerved me to the point I forgot all about it. DD will be here Sabbath and leave the following Sabbath. No, the move is complete. It’s quite a project to take a hospital bed apart and put it back together.