Missing Me

Yesterday, when Cuz was loading up more things at the house, the UPS man brought a package. He was sorry to hear I’d moved. He told her he’d miss the Christmas candy. I always gave him something since I pretty much kept him on the route. He was good. If something was heavy, he’d ring the doorbell and bring it in for me. Cuz told him he could stop by and see me but he said UPS wouldn’t allow it. His route doesn’t come this far north.

yogurtToday’s been pretty quiet. When I opened the fridge before breakfast, I was surprised to see several containers of So Delicious coconut milk yogurt. I was also surprised at how sweet the raspberry is. This afternoon, Cuz went to Walmart and got a lemon and a lime so I can cut the sweet. I don’t know what the other flavor is. She said she stopped by the ice cream section and saw that there’s a new flavor. She said it was a mixed berry. I looked it up and it’s Oregon Mixed Berry. Sounds good.

The air purifier has been running since last night. I put it on Auto which will switch it on and off according to the air quality. It started out at 4, then went to 3, up to 7 and now it’s back to 4. When DS1 comes, I’ll have him set up the phone again. Right now, it doesn’t work because we aren’t out on the mountain where the WiFi is that it would recognize.

I’m so sore from coughing, I took half a pain pill this afternoon. I hated to do it since that just leaves me with one whole one but too much is too much. It eased me for a couple of hours and that helped but now the pain is back.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t have notifications enabled. A newsflash came through about the earthquake in Italy. It puts my situation in perspective as not the worst in the world. I pray God will have mercy on those people.

While Cuz was out, she picked up some Amy’s meals for me. I had the Brown Rice, Black-Eyed Peas & Veggies Bowl for supper but I couldn’t eat it all. However, I did have an ice cream cone after that and some popcorn popped to order without salt (via my CIL). Eating like that is bound to put some lubs on me.

I’ve taken the plunge and signed up for satellite Internet. About anything would be better than what I’m on right now. I just checked the speed and it struggled to get to 0.47 Mbps download, 0.23 Mbps upload. Garbage! Sure, it’s cheaper but I’m not paying for that. Being able to be connected to friends and family will be worth the extra cost.

As usual, it’s getting late. I really need to start trying to go to bed earlier but staying up (hopefully) past coughing time. That doesn’t happen often.

10 Responses to Missing Me

1. Lila August 24, 2016 at 7:00 am #

Tommie, I was awake in the wee hours and it struck me that you no longer have Black Tom and the others to give you some diversion and satisfaction. And I’m sure they miss you, too! Not that the trade-off isn’t worth it, it’s just that I’m sorry they are no longer part of your everyday world.

• Tommie August 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm #

Not to worry. The Catz are being fed and will be coming here, probably, on Friday. Cuz would have already brought them down but, as she said, I’d “fallen in love” so she left them for me.

• Merry August 24, 2016 at 3:24 pm #

I was thinking about Black Tom and his Aunts. If some one was feeding them…
        Glad they’ll be joining you. lol
        Blessings,

2. Gail August 24, 2016 at 4:08 pm #

So glad you’re getting settled In your new surroundings. I pray for your comfort and peace of mind and perhaps a few pounds. 🙂

• Tommie August 24, 2016 at 4:28 pm #

Cuz is fixing a big meal. We’ll see how much I can eat.

3. Les August 24, 2016 at 10:34 pm #

I hope the satellite Internet connection will give you a decent speed, there is nothing worse than slow Internet and I think it’s worth it, you need to be able to connect and keep in touch with friends and family.

I’ve been up late working and have been thinking of you and praying for you. Don’t be afraid to ask the doc for more meds, you have a serious illness and it should be clear to the doc that you have a need for it. It’s not like it’s for fun, your comfort is important.

I’m so glad you have such a wonderful family to care for you. Your cousin is an amazing woman and just hearing about her is an inspiration. Rest easy, Tommie, we’re all praying for you.

• Tommie August 24, 2016 at 11:26 pm #

Anything would be better than this. I haven’t had as much frustration since I was on dialup. I agree that it’s worth it. I just wish the data cap wasn’t so low but, at least, it isn’t a hard cap. Speed will slow to 1-5 Mbps from up to 12 but 1-5 is better than .47.

Please keep the prayers going up. I’ve emailed my doctor. He’s good about taking care of me. Last time I saw him was the first day of my rehab and I was doing much better then.

Yes, Cuz is an amazing woman. I’m blessed to have her in my life. I don’t know what I’d do without her and her husband. They’re both wonderful people.

4. Betty August 25, 2016 at 8:54 am #

Dear Miss Tommie,
    Noticed you had not written in the UR cyber zone and wanted to check on you. So pleased your Catz family is coming to be with you. Had wondered about that. Nearly all the UR family expressed their concern, for you, and wonders about your status. Have a blessed day and God’s strength for the changes you will be making, in your life. God Bless YOU, Miss Tommie.

• Tommie August 25, 2016 at 12:17 pm #

Thank you for missing me! I’ll be getting better Internet (I hope) earlier than expected. There was a cancellation so the man called and wants to come sooner. Fine with me!