Promises

Weeks ago, I promised to post pictures of the images painted by the VBSers and staff. All I had to do was ask and the director for 2016 sent me photos of the finished product. These are on the side of the fellowship hall facing the by-pass. Even though they are a block away, they are still visible.

image1

The firmament.

Plantlife.

Sun, moon and stars.

Water creatures and birds.

Animals, Adam and Eve.

"God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it."

Yesterday was a scary day. I’d been more short of breath than usual night before last and was barely able to drag around after I got up. After a trip to the bathroom, I checked my O2 sat and it started out at 70% and very slowly climbed to 85% before it stopped. When I qualified for oxygen supplementation, the magic number was 85% while walking.

When I went to the concentrator to turn it up, I was surprised to find that it was on 2.5 LPM (liters per minute) rather than 2. I turned it up to 3 and it was gratifying that my sat percentage very slowly started coming up into the low 90s.

Even though I coughed a lot last night, I slept better than I did the night before.

Today has been a dozy day. I haven’t been able to concentrate enough to watch a church service. A lot of my time out of bed has been spent sitting in Mother’s chair with my eyes closed. I’ve eaten and fed the Catz and that’s been about it. Not a whole lot to report.

My fingernails are so long, it’s making it hard to type so I’m going to call it a day and wish everyone a good night’s sleep.

14 Responses to Promises

1. Judith McKnight August 6, 2016 at 10:21 pm #

Thanks for posting the pictures of the VBS pictures. Alot of talent at your church. I have enjoyed your cat stories and pictures. So sorry you haven’t felt well these past few days. Enjoy your comments on Upper Room. I keep you in my prayers. I pray that God will not let you suffer so with your breathing. God take care of Tommie.

• Tommie August 6, 2016 at 11:17 pm #

Thank you for the prayer. I pray it will be God’s will to answer with a yes.

2. Dorothy Tainter August 7, 2016 at 6:24 am #

So sorry Tommie that you had such a lousy time yesterday. I asked about the various schedules of drugs as I have taken Phenobarbitol for about 25 years to help with my seizure problem. I do have blood work done a couple of times a year to check my liver function and so far it seems to be within a normal range. I encourage you to take whatever the Dr perscribes to help you ease the coughing. I know I did use cough syrup with codeine before I was treated for my COPD and it helped a lot. Now I have my inhalers and nebulizers but still take the pheno. Hope your day is better for you today. Please try not to be so discouraged. Prayng that your DD gets there safely and soon.

• Tommie August 7, 2016 at 11:00 am #

This is from Google:
      Phenobarbital is a Schedule IV drug. Dependence: Prolonged, uninterrupted use of barbiturates (particularly the short-acting drugs), even in therapeutic doses, may result in psychic and physical dependence.

The doctor hasn’t prescribed anything for the coughing — yet. The pain pills were left from a tooth extraction. I’m glad you don’t have any bad effects and that your liver function is good.

DD is to arrive on the 27th. I’ve felt like I wouldn’t last that long but I’m a little better today.

3. Judee August 7, 2016 at 7:26 am #

Beautiful paintings! Love them!
    I do pray you start feeling better, Tommie.

• Tommie August 7, 2016 at 10:47 am #

I appreciate the prayers. Keep them coming!

4. Lila August 7, 2016 at 7:33 am #

My, those pictures are impressive! So is your better night’s sleep in spite of coughing. I know what it feels like to have no energy, and I’m so sorry some of your days are like that. You know you are always in my prayers.

• Tommie August 7, 2016 at 10:56 am #

They did do a good job. Thank you for the prayers. I need them.

5. Alice Fontana August 7, 2016 at 10:15 am #

Good Morning Tommie…. Thanking God for the “better” days you have had lately. I know you appreciate each of them.

Those pictures from VBS are fantastic! What age group did them?

I also enjoyed the pics of the Catz as Kittenz, especially Black Tom. Of course I have a special interest in him and Grey.

Right now I’m sitting in my backyard reading but being distracted by a family of quail. I have named them Harold and Hattie … its amazing to watch them watch over their kids. Harold makes a weird clucking sound when the babies wander too far. Those babies are only about the size of my thumb and oh so cute.

Praying for a good day for you Tommie … and another restful night….

• Tommie August 7, 2016 at 11:04 am #

All age groups did the paintings. They were assigned according to the abilities of each one.

The quail family sounds so cute! Love the names. They sound like something my mother would have named them.

Keep praying! As long as I live, I need the prayers.

6. Denise E Pervis August 7, 2016 at 3:48 pm #

Thanks for sharing!!! Praying for you!!! 🙂

• Tommie August 7, 2016 at 3:57 pm #

Thank you, Denise. Don’t stop!

7. merry August 7, 2016 at 7:47 pm #

Beautiful pictures. great talent!
    Prayers for you, dear Tommie.

• Tommie August 7, 2016 at 10:30 pm #

They did a good job. Thank you, Merry!