A Late Start

I didn’t sleep as well last night as I did the night before but I slept better than I usually do so it netted out to the good.

Today hasn’t been a terribly good day, though. I did get around to putting the pictures I took the other day on Flickr so here they are.

Flowers

The flowers my friend and the florist gave me right where they landed.

Aunt Catz

One of the Aunts

Black Tom

Black Tom

Neighbor Cat

The Neighbor Cat

When the neighbor cat appeared, it had been sheared of its long hair and didn’t look nearly as forbidding. The Catz looked at it and went on eating. When it jumped up to steal its fair share, I noticed the wound on its neck. I wondered if it had been to the vet. From its appearance, I’d say it would do it good to get it fixed, whichever gender it is. Maybe its owner took mercy on it and has already had it done. When it showed up today, something spooked all the Catz and they scattered. It must have, too, because none of them were in sight.

I hadn’t heard from DS1 today so I texted him. He said they’re okay and they’re praying for me to have better days. I hope the Lord sees fit to answer their prayers in the affirmative.

Didn’t hear from Cuz, either. She’d said she saw vegan sour cream in one of the stores where she shops but she hasn’t mentioned it lately. I texted her and asked her about that but she hasn’t responded.

As for my meals, I had a peach and toast with avocado for breakfast. A whole pot pie (it’s much better heated intact than cut) plus some potato salad PLUS some animal crackers for supper.

That’s it for today. I’ll bid you all a good night.

10 Responses to A Late Start

1. Dorothy Tainter August 5, 2016 at 6:10 am #

Tommie, So glad you were able to get a better rest the last couple of nights. Love the pictures of the catz. first thing I noticed when I saw your neighbors cat was the open wound. wondering if you have an unfriendly animal around that is scaring the catz off. Having a time getting back on the UR site.I lost a lot of stuff on my computerday before yesterday and one of my dear grandsons came yesterday and helped ‘old granny’ out. Now I have to sign in again to the UR sight and it keeps saying my name is already taken….blah blah but I can read the Daily Devotional but not comment. Well, I’ll figure it out sooner or later. Hope your day is better today. I think the Olympic opening is today and one of my neighbors (meaning within a mile or two) is entered in the equestrian event and have to check out the time and day for that. She is in the Jumping event. Beezie Madden is her name in case you watch such things.

• Tommie August 5, 2016 at 12:03 pm #

The open wound is probably the reason for the shearing. I have a feeling it’s another tom cat and is getting in fights. That’s why I paid to have Black Tom neutered. He had bare spots on his neck in just that location though the skin was never broken. There are some Dogz around, too, that might have shown themselves about then.

I’m sorry about your computer! Have you tried “I forgot my password”?

Since I don’t have TV, I won’t be watching the Olympics as such. I’ll see if I can find something later on youtube, though. That’s interesting. Another of my friends has a cousin on one of the running teams.

2. Mary Jane Graves August 5, 2016 at 6:40 am #

The flowers are gorgeous!

Black Tom looks like a bear cub in that picture. I’m glad it wasn’t a bear at your door like our Colorado sister had several years ago. Too close or comfort!

• Tommie August 5, 2016 at 12:05 pm #

There was only one kind of good picture of the flowers. My camera has “anti-shake” but I was so shaky when I took the pictures, they’re all slightly out of focus.

No, I wouldn’t want a bear to show up at my door. Half a dozen Catz are welcome, though.

3. Lila August 5, 2016 at 6:53 am #

I’m so thankful for every “better” night you have! Enjoyed the pictures..

• Tommie August 5, 2016 at 12:06 pm #

Me, too. Wish I could say the same for last night. Glad you liked them!

4. merry August 5, 2016 at 9:02 pm #

Tommie, I’m so sorry you’re having such rough time lately. Hope you feel better.
    Beautiful flowers. I love peach cobbler and ice cream. lol
    PTL…for your wonderful friends and love ones.
    Enjoy your Sabbath…

• Tommie August 5, 2016 at 9:23 pm #

Amen, Merry and Happy Sabbath to you!

5. Gail August 6, 2016 at 7:26 am #

Enjoy your Sabbath. You’re in my prayers.

• Tommie August 6, 2016 at 11:47 am #

Thank you, Gail. “I need the prayers of those I love.” Happy Sabbath to you!