Another “Sick” Day

There hasn’t been a lot of coughing today and what there has been was productive. I can’t say I’ve turned a corner but it would be nice.

My sleep was much more restful without the hours of coughing. I did cough some but not as much as usual. I can see why people get addicted to certain drugs. The relief has been wonderful.

The soreness is still there and, in some places, it’s worse. I’ve forgotten and tried to use my right arm as much as I’ve been able to lately and it stopped me in my tracks. I did call and let the therapist know I wouldn’t be in today or Friday so that pressure is off. She’s always told me if I didn’t feel up to coming in not to push myself.

I told DS1 to keep in touch by texting me when he could. He is taking “a picture is worth 1,000 words” literally and is sending me ones to show his day. This one is “Getting ready to leave Gadsden, Alabama.”

The Ride

It’s hauling vegetarian junk food. I guess I’m fortunate none of it is vegan. I’d be eating them if they had vegan options.

Meals were a little larger today. Besides a peach, I had some Kind Granola Clusters for breakfast. Supper was the rest of the green beans and carrots and .375 of a pot pie plus a bigger helping of potato salad. My weight was up a little so I have .9 lub to reach my goal of two lubs.

I fed the Catz twice but none showed up the second time. This picture was in my “On this day” app on Facebook from three years ago.

Feed me! Feed me!

More pictures from that era can be seen here.

While we’re on a walk down Mem’ry Lane, here’s a picture of Black Tom about 13 months ago.

One of a Kind

Last night, I stayed up much too long reveling in the fact that I wasn’t coughing. I should have gone to bed and gotten more good rest. That’s what I plan to do tonight if I don’t get caught up in something else. I’d planned to watch the town hall meeting with Gary Johnson on CNN but I forgot. Surely it will be available later so I can watch it. I really don’t have to see it live. Jill Stein is supposed to have a town hall meeting in two weeks.

I used the portable concentrator some today. Cuz moved it within reaching distance of my chair so I left the big concentrator running and had the cannula handy for when I needed to switch to go to the bathroom. While I was using the POC, my O2 sat stayed consistently at 97%. I’m pleased. Of course, it used to be that and higher on room air but that was then and this is now.

The new set of sheets will be here tomorrow. I’ve been looking at replacement mattresses and the options are so many, it makes my head spin. There’s foam, Memory Foam, innerspring, air, and the list goes on and on. One site said to try them out before buying. Yeah, right. I don’t want to make the wrong decision because I’m sure it wouldn’t be returnable.

One of my Upper Room friends encouraged me to set up a Go Fund Me page and PayPal link ASAP. I directed her to the donate button at the bottom of this (and every) page where she could find a link to the GFM that was created almost a month ago. I advised her to check the GFM page out. It’s sweet of her but I think she’s a little behind the current events.

My thought is I’d better close this down and get ready for bed. How about it? Sweet sleep/little coughing.

8 Responses to Another “Sick” Day

1. Lila August 4, 2016 at 7:27 am #

I’m so very thankful that you had a better night! Let’s hope it’s just the beginning of better days and nights ahead.

• Tommie August 4, 2016 at 10:27 am #

Last night wasn’t as good but it wasn’t bad, either.

2. Martha August 5, 2016 at 2:23 am #

Hope your nights will get better. I follow you on Upper Room. Black Tom is so cute as are the other cats! I always enjoy hearing about them

• Tommie August 5, 2016 at 11:58 am #

I’ll tell the Catz they are cute but I doubt they’ll appreciate it as much as I do! See you in the Upper Room!

3. Sarah Harrison August 5, 2016 at 2:43 pm #

Oh, I loved seeing photos of the cats. I first learned about you from reading your comments after each of the devotionals from Upper Room. Your tabby cats look like one of mine from years ago; she was named Flannery O’Cat. I have two black kitties who live inside, Stanley and Rallo and two outdoor ones, Laurel and Oscar. Like you, we find ourselves feeding the neighborhood cats. I think we must be on the Underground Kitty Railroad. You are an inspiration on many levels. I enjoy reading your comments each day, and then I say a little prayer to thank God for people like you in this world. Bless you.

• Tommie August 5, 2016 at 3:57 pm #

I know you enjoy your cats, Sarah. The ones here are all outside cats since my inside cat died a year ago last December. I love your cats’ names! What would we do without them and what would they do without us?

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate the prayers, too. Bless you and yours!

4. Dave StewRt August 7, 2016 at 11:07 am #

Tommie,
    Just wanted to drop a note that I visited. I pray for you, I can’t say every day but when it comes to mind. I enjoy your UR posts. I am hoping you get some real relief through your rehab and new concentrator.

God bless you and comfort you.

Love in Christ,
    Dave

• Tommie August 7, 2016 at 11:19 am #

Dave, I wish more people would let me know they’ve been here! And I know your prayers are helping.

It remains to be seen if I will be able to go to rehab tomorrow. The new concentrator will definitely come along if I do!

Blessings for you and yours. Thanks.