“Beep, Beep!”

‘Way earlier than I was supposed to get up, a beeping noise started. It wasn’t loud enough to be a smoke alarm. If I turned my right ear into the pillow, I couldn’t hear it so I did that until I went to sleep and moved my head. I was awake again. I got up and traced it to one of the weather stations. I took it and put it under the chair cushion and went back to bed.

When the time of the morning came that I was really supposed to be awake, I went to the chair and lifted up the cushion. Yep, it was still beeping. Not only was IT beeping, the other weather station that shares a sensor was beeping, too.

For more than an hour, I tried to find out how to stop it. I could get them to be quiet for a few minutes and then they’d start in again. Finally, I found something on the AcuRite support site that told what the problem was. There was interference that was causing the problem.

By that time, I’d changed out all of the batteries. The instructions said to take the batteries out of the sensor and make sure the channels on the main units were blank. I did that and put the batteries back in as instructed. All was quiet.


Too soon! It started again. By that time, I was sick of weather stations and their ilk. I let them have their beeping contest until, miraculously, all was quiet again. Whatever interference there was, was thankfully gone. I went on with the rest of my day.

DD called—this time from her car. She and her SO were on their way to merm’s and she was trying out the speaker phone that is part and parcel of the car. It uses Bluetooth and it was very hard for me to understand her. There was a low roar in the background that I can only imagine was engine noise. Our conversation lasted for less than a half hour and would have been less than that because DD had to repeat just about everything she said.

When we’d wound it up, I got busy and did a few things around the house. I fixed my meal and ate too much. I also texted Cuz and told her I’m going to reschedule my appointment with the rheumatologist since she wants to see me after my visit with the pulmonologist. That’s fine with her.

I was catching up on Facebook when, ARGGGHHHH! the beeping started again. I put the kitchen station in the bedroom with the other one and they can duke it out in there where I can’t hear them.

The Catz and Kittenz have been fed. I’m going to try to be hard-hearted and not give in and feed them whenever they show up. I’m planning to fill the pan once a day and if they aren’t there to get it, tough. And I already caved…

The day is done and I should be, too. Good night.

2 Responses to “Beep, Beep!”

  1. Mary Jane July 13, 2015 at 11:48 am #

    Maybe the roadrunner has taken up residence with you!

    • Tommie July 13, 2015 at 12:20 pm #

      You’d think. They’re beeping, still.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.