The Cool Room

In the winter, there is no problem keeping it cool. Just close the door so the heat won’t go in there and it’s automatically cooler. Close the door now and the temperature shoots up. I don’t know if it’s because I have a small chest-type freezer in there now or not but the temperature surely jumps to several degrees above the rest of the house.

Now that the door is open, the temperature feels like it’s higher than it is in the rest of the house but it is, in fact, a couple of degrees lower. Strange since the a/c is located in a different room. Oh, well. It’s a puzzle for sure.

Yesterday, I did laundry and changed the bed. My claws have been taken down to a reasonable length. I also watered all of the plants and found that several of them have expired. Not surprising, at all. Containers take a lot more attention than I’ve been giving them and I notice the little bit of slow bolt cilantro that has survived Catz reclining on it is, in fact, close to bolting. I haven’t eaten any of it. I feel like it would be akin to eating cat hair so I’ll pass. If I want some cilantro, I’ll buy it.

Cuz was here early enough in the day for it to still be cool. She mowed and weed-eated, then came in for a short visit. She left when I got a phone call from the bulletin secretary. Later, she came back but she thought I was napping since the storm door was locked. It’s habit for me to lock it. It didn’t mean she was supposed to stay out.

Later, she messaged me on Facebook and came back over to finish up our visit.

And now about the claws. My hands had been so weak and shaky that I seriously considered going to have a manicure. I could see myself having to do it weekly since my nails grow quite rapidly. Well, since I’ve been off Reglan and propranolol for a week now, I was able to trim my nails and shape them up with little problem. A professional manicure would look better but this is okay plus it’s certainly a lot cheaper.

It was 80 degrees in the house when I went to bed last night. However, it was bearable with the EcoBreeze and the stand fan going in addition to the little a/c. I hope it won’t get any higher than that this summer.

I was up early (for me) and managed to get ready in time to be out the door by 9 o’clock. Then it occurred to me that I didn’t have my hearing aids in. I put them in and then checked to see what setting they were on. That also shows how much juice the batteries have left and they were both pretty low. I took ’em out, put in new batteries and put them in again. That ate up enough time that when I walked into the church, they were singing the opening song for Sabbath School.

All of my worrying with hearing aids was almost for naught. It matters not if I can hear if the person isn’t speaking distinctly. Thankfully, I could understand all of the main speaker’s talk though some of it was confusing. I guess I would have had to stay for the followup meetings this afternoon and evening to get it all and I wasn’t up to it.

There was a fellowship meal but I didn’t stay. I came on home and had a biggish salad. I went out to the garden and found two ripe cherry tomatoes that added a nice bit of sweetness to it. I’ll be glad when the tomatoes start coming in so I can have more than two at a time.

It’s going on 9 o’clock and I’m getting sleepy. So much for having a rip-roaring Saturday night!

2 Responses to The Cool Room

  1. Lila June 21, 2015 at 7:45 am #

    For me, rip-soaring Saturday nights are history! Don’t know that I’d be up to one, even if I had the opportunity.

    • Tommie June 21, 2015 at 8:02 am #

      I’m about the same.

Leave a Reply to Tommie Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.