Less Stupefied

I’m wondering what I used to do when I had energy. I can look back and think of a lot of things I’m not up to doing yet. Like today. I wanted some cashew gravy (which is about as simple as anything to make) and I couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Friday was pretty much a non-day. The doctor had come through with a prescription for something to help me sleep. It’s doxepin (brand name, Senequan). It’s for a long list of ailments including depression and last listed is insomnia. Besides going to pick it up and a stop to buy bananas at a close-by supermarket, I didn’t get a lot else done. No vacuuming, no bed change. I did take a bath and wash clothes.

Friday night just about had me climbing the walls. I’d taken a doxepin so I didn’t know whether to blame it on that or on withdrawal. I was getting near taking the last of the medications so I’m inclined to think it was the latter. I couldn’t get to sleep for the first several hours and my legs wouldn’t stay still. I feel so sorry for people who have restless leg naturally.

Eventually, I did go to sleep and barely woke to take my morning meds. I went back to bed and slept another two hours and it was like that most of the day. There was no use trying to watch anything. I couldn’t have stayed awake. I did watch a little of a memorial service but that was it. I didn’t even listen to the rest of the Sabbath School discussion.

There’s a glory, hallelujah! that comes in here. Two of my meds yesterday morning were the last Reglan and propranolol I’ll be taking. It’s so good to be free of them! It’s hard to think of when I’ve ever been as thankful to stop something.

I was afraid I’d slept so much, I wouldn’t sleep last night but no worries. I took the little capsule and was in dreamland half an hour later. So…it surely wasn’t the med that caused the fiasco of the night before.

Today has been better. I woke half an hour later than usual but that was no biggie. I took my morning meds and went back to bed. I’ve napped a little off and on but nothing like yesterday.

DD called and we had, probably, a half hour conversation. I did better holding the phone since my tremor wasn’t quite so pronounced. I hope it either gets better or, at least, no worse.

Yesterday was my BIL’s memorial and DD had attended. She said it was outside and not all of the tables prepared were filled. It was a nice service. She didn’t say whether or not she took any pictures. It was nice she was acquainted with most of the people there. I was glad she’d made the effort and gone. I’m sure it was appreciated by everyone there, as well.

I had a bath today and clipped my toenails. Maybe that’s why I didn’t have the energy to make gravy.

Which brings on a different subject. I was looking for something else to eat and grabbed the cheddar chunk that had yet to be opened. When I did open it, it was a solid bit of mold. I couldn’t see any part of it that wasn’t molded. I have emailed Daiya giving them all the information off the package and will get a reply soon, I’m sure. They’re good about that. I haven’t had problems with their products before but when I’ve contacted them about availability, etc., I’ve heard back quickly.

And now for a what next??! I have a place on the bottom of my right foot that hurts when I walk. At first, I thought it was maybe a growth of bone (bone spur?) but it moves around independent of the bone so I’m thinking it’s a plantar wart. I guess it will be back to the doctor for me. I hate that! Just when things were beginning to settle down. Maybe I can get some of those pressure pad thingies for in the meantime.

Well, let’s see what tonight holds. The only way to know is to go through it.

4 Responses to Less Stupefied

  1. Lila June 14, 2015 at 9:55 pm #

    Congratulations on getting rid of the meds! Maybe the foot problem will be a simple callus and not a plantar wart. Takes a little time and effort to get rid of such, but it is possible and probably a lot easier.

    • Tommie June 14, 2015 at 10:04 pm #

      I’ve examined said foot and it doesn’t appear to be a callus.

  2. Lila June 14, 2015 at 9:58 pm #

    I’m sure I don’t need to tell you of all people that the memorial service can still be watched. But I’m telling you anyway.

    • Tommie June 14, 2015 at 10:04 pm #

      That’s okay. I think I saw sufficient. It’s good to know for DS1, though. He couldn’t watch it yesterday because he was resting up for the onslaught of today.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.