Movin’ On Up

Last night was a bust. sleep-wise. I’d dozed a bit by the time I heard the clock chime 2 o’clock. After that, it cooled off enough to let me go to sleep in comfort. I shouldn’t have that problem tonight…

Cuz was out mowing the lawn before I took my shower and got dressed. DD called and we were catching up when Cuz got her tools together and operated on the screen in the storm door for the umpteenth time. Since Twinkle won’t be lunging at the Catz, maybe it will stay where it’s supposed to as long as Six (Floppy) doesn’t try to get in through it again.

Well, THAT was something new with this computer. I got the BSOD and when I restarted, I got a message that I can reserve Windows 10. I’ve reserved it but I don’t know if I want it or not. I’m addicted to Windows 7.

Back to earlier today. Cuz brought over a small 110 air conditioner. She switched the EcoBreeze from the dining room window to the living room and put the a/c where the EcoBreeze used to be. She turned the a/c on high and left it running. It was so noisy, I thought I’d left the vent fan on over the stove.

I started experimenting after I found that the air wasn’t that cool and ah! it cools better on medium and it isn’t nearly as noisy. It was up to 80 in the house this afternoon. Right now where I’m sitting, it’s 73 and getting cooler. I should sleep well tonight. Oh, I rebounded a little while but my calf muscle in my right leg was tight so I didn’t keep at it long.

The BSOD has left me a bit unnerved. I hope it isn’t a harbinger of things to come.

10 Responses to Movin’ On Up

1. Genese June 1, 2015 at 12:35 am #

I hope the BSOD was just a fluke. It is the most dreaded event in the computing world, in my humble opinion.

• Tommie June 1, 2015 at 9:18 am #

I hope so, too, Genese. It’s the first time in several computers (not just years) that I’ve gotten it.

2. Mary Jane June 1, 2015 at 8:42 am #

What is a BSOD? (We’re not all as computer literate as you are!)

• Tommie June 1, 2015 at 9:22 am #

The Blue Screen of Death. As Genese said—it’s a dreaded event. It’s when the computer shuts down to prevent damage and a blue screen comes up notifying the user. Since it was the first time ever, I just restarted. I wondered if it might have something to do with the Windows 10 notification since it came up when Windows did.

3. Lila June 1, 2015 at 8:48 am #

Strangely, to me 73 in the house with a/c feels too cool; in the winter, it feels warmer than I prefer. Can’t explain it, unless humidity might have something to do with it.

• Tommie June 1, 2015 at 9:23 am #

Humidity probably does. A/C dries the air but so does heat. The way you’re dressed may affect your comfort level, too.

4. Mary Jane June 1, 2015 at 4:07 pm #

I get the BSOD–I just didn’t know that’s what it’s called.

5. Mary Jane June 1, 2015 at 9:32 pm #

The newer one–Windows 7.

• Tommie June 1, 2015 at 9:40 pm #

You need to have support troubleshoot it before the warranty runs out.