Catching Up

Maybe I should do this by day because there are several. Hmmmm. Think that’s exactly what I’ll do.


Since I was going to be leaving for DS1’s house on Sabbath, I tried to get as much done as possible so I’d only have the last-minute things to do later.

Bed changed—check
Wedges loaded into the car—check
Vegan Oatmeal Burgers (aka Super Duper Gut Bombs)—check

Here’s where I’ll insert a picture of the last item. They’re pretty good, if I say so myself.

Super Duper Gut Bombs

I didn’t get the vacuuming done because I was pretty much pooped after all the rest. I did take a bath, too, so I wouldn’t be putting a dirty body between clean sheets.

It’s always a potential problem that I won’t be able to sleep well before I take a trip but that wasn’t the case. I managed quite well, thank you.


I was supposed to get to the house after 2 which was 1 TT. I figured if I left the house at noon, I’d be okay. With all I’d done the day before, it still took me until about 12:30 to be in the car and gone. I’d thought about going to church and leaving from there but that would have never worked. I did feel condemned for skipping.

After turning around and coming back for the Just Mayo, I was on the road. I usually make a list over time of things I need to take but I didn’t. The JM wasn’t the only thing I forgot but it was the only thing I remembered I forgot.

It was well after 2 (1 TT) when I arrived at the house. We mostly visited the rest of the afternoon.

That night, we watched “Hawking” with Benedict Cumberbatch.

I was really tired and didn’t figure I’d have any problem sleeping. Well, I was wrong. I’d arranged the wedges on the couch and myself on them. I was miserable. There was no rest to be had. I gave up and took the wedges off. I also took off the clothes I’d worn to couch and put on my ugly housecoat. It was well after 1 o’clock TT before I went to sleep. I only knew I had slept because I could remember dreaming.


DS1 got up to go on his early morning walk and I woke. I went back to sleep some time later until somebody opened and closed the front door repeatedly and woke me again. After that, I went back to sleep AGAIN and didn’t wake until almost 8 TT. I didn’t feel at all rested.

It was The Graduation Day for my granddaughter and there was nothing to be done but suck it up and do what had to be done. I had breakfast and when asked, I said I would drive my car to the church where the graduation was being held. I planned to have it all loaded and leave for home from there.

The others had to be there early so the three went out with Benji protesting mightily. He didn’t want to be left behind. I was concerned that he would try to push by me when I was loading the car and, it turns out, the others were, too. DS1 came back and said he’d go with me. That was a relief.

He loaded the car for me (which was a big help) and I got ready to go.

It was still half an hour until graduation was supposed to start when we got to the church. It was already beginning to fill up so I laid claim to a seat next to the center aisle. There was a man across the way that I knew so we visited a bit. One of the eighth graders is his son.

I had my camera at the ready and should’ve had it set on AUTO but I didn’t. It has anti-shake but that didn’t do much to correct my tremor. When The Graduate came in, here’s what I got:

Long View

Impressionist Graduate

Thankfully, there was someone there with a steady hand and better equipment taking pictures.

There was music, a good address and parents’ tributes to each of the 13 graduates (11 from elementary school and two seniors). The presentation of diplomas was done by the parents since all of the students had been home schooled.

Out in the foyer, I saw my niece and her daughter (I saw the son later). We agreed to visit at the reception.

The gym had been decorated with a table for each graduate. I’d already given my card with the pittance at the house. The cake was definitely not vegan and I’m not one for blue drinks of any kind so after I confessed to being addicted to my hospital bed, I took my leave.

I still had over $9 on my gift card for the university supermarket so I spent it plus some more. On the way home, I drank a ginger Ginseng Up.

I’d been admonished to text DS1 when I got home so I did so and finished unloading the car. I was so tired, I opted for cereal as my last meal of the day. I was in bed by 7:30 TT after a short visit with DD.


Today has been pretty low-key. Cuz has been home and I’ve tried to help her with my old Nikon Coolpix 800. Seems the card reader isn’t compatible with Windows 7 but I coulda sworn I used it with my XP Gateway but maybe not. Anyway, she’s ordering a cable that will, hopefully, work.

My academy roommate called when I was fixing my lunch. She signed off when I started coughing.

I did do a load of laundry since my clothes were pretty much inundated with cat and dog hair. It’s nice to be loved but it still didn’t convince me to get another animal. The Catz are more than enough.

Today is my first day to take propanolol and it’s doing what it’s supposed to. My tremors aren’t nearly as pronounced and my heart rate is slowed. Now, if I can find a reasonable price for it…

Cuz has been in and out between showers. There were a couple of large claps of thunder this afternoon and the lights blinked once but the rain hasn’t really come to stay long. With as much as we had earlier this year, you’d think we were okay but we need the rain now, especially since I have a little bit of a garden, thanks to Cuz.

I’m already yawning so I should think about terminating and going to roost.

9 Responses to Catching Up

  1. Mary Jane May 19, 2015 at 7:31 am #

    I’m so glad you could be at the graduation! Wish I could have been there, too. The pictures look like they would if I had taken them! That’s one of the reasons I seldom even try now. One of these days… but we won’t need cameras then!

    • Tommie May 19, 2015 at 8:34 am #

      Maybe if I had taken propanolol but I didn’t know how it would affect me so I didn’t start it until yesterday.

  2. Darnell Bellrichard May 22, 2015 at 3:12 am #

    Oh holly amazing! The Graduation party is the ever best even. People who got chance to be a part of graduation so lucky. Stunning party. I miss my graduation party 🙁 . Well thanks for your article because through your article i remember my graduation that i missed. Thanks for sharing.

  3. Frankie Vento May 29, 2015 at 9:10 am #

    Oh yes!!!!! I’ve been dying to make a big batch of veggie burgers to keep on hand for a quick snack or meal!! These are on this week’s “to-do” list! Great recipe!! Thanks 🙂

    • Tommie May 29, 2015 at 9:22 am #

      Enjoy! I add a bit more water to make up for what evaporates.

  4. Chris Bussell June 9, 2015 at 3:50 am #

    An excellent story – and Hugo-worthy in itself. Amazing recipe, i will definitely going to try this, can’t wait!! Thanks for sharing!!

    • Tommie June 9, 2015 at 9:25 am #

      That reminds me—I need to get mushrooms.

  5. Dorian Grulke June 10, 2015 at 12:26 am #

    Wonderful article, catching up. Reminds me my graduation time. I really miss that party. Thanks foe the post which took me back to my amazing memrioes by reading this article i called few of my friends. 🙂

    • Tommie June 10, 2015 at 10:04 am #

      Glad it encouraged you to keep in touch.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.