DD asked me what time the PT boss lady usually came. I had to tell her there was no set time. It was whenever she could get around to me. She’d call first and she did. It was much later in the day (probably early afternoon) when the phone rang. She’d be here shortly.

Rather than do the series of exercises that I expected, she opted for us to go for a walk. I geared up with my portable tank—the first time I’d had to do it without Cuz’ assistance. It was rather chilly out with a mild wind blowing. I put on my coat and we were off.

We started out in the direction the PTA and I did except the boss decided we should go farther. There were a couple of dogs that came out to greet us when we got to the corner. That’s where we turned around and came back, accompanied by one of the dogs.

The lady was fascinated by the lily of the valley that was in full bloom. She wanted to know how high they get and I told her that was it. I had her pick one so she could smell it and told her she was welcome to pick a bouquet on her way out.

Back in the house, she started through the interview. Do I use a seat in the bathtub? No. Do I have bars in the shower. Well, there’s one but I seldom use it. (I think it’s really for hanging a washcloth but I didn’t say so). She stated that she was impressed by my walking (balance and speed) and the fact that I don’t use a cane. It all boiled down to the fact that they’d pushed me as far as they were capable and I had met all the goals. I was discharged. Whoopee! I can go and do under my own steam! I hope I haven’t forgotten how to drive my car. 😉

Going and doing will be short trips at first. I’m not under the illusion that I can manage trips of a significant duration. Fifteen minutes out and back should be sufficient at first. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thursday was pretty much shot so we didn’t do much of anything, otherwise, except DD and her SO went for a walk that was more than twice what I did. Later, she told me they’d seen two dead dogs. I wondered if they’d been hit or shot. Two dead would, to me, indicate shot.

Oh! DD did want to introduce her SO to boiled peanuts so I got them started about 3:30 which meant they wouldn’t be done until around 8. That was okay. They were still somewhat on Pacific time. I was surprised when the SO actually liked the peanuts. It’s usually an acquired taste.

Yesterday was bed-changing day. DD washed the sheets while I prevailed upon the SO to flip the mattress and turn it so the tags were at the foot instead of the head. In a month’s time, it had gotten a definite dip where my rear must’ve rested.

When the sheets were dry, DD helped me make the bed and it was definitely easier than if I’d done it by myself. They were both right handy to have around.

In the afternoon, we went to Walmart where I picked up my refill for Reglan. I certainly hope the enhanced tremors I have are temporary with it and not permanent. When/If I’m able to get off of it, MAYBE they’ll go away. While I was waiting in line, I saw a friend and got a quick hug. She was in a hurry because it was Friday.

Plan was to go to my favorite Mexican restaurant and it was realized. There were a few cars when we got there and it was my intention to arrive before the rush was on. We pretty much had our pick of seats and I led the way to a booth. It wasn’t long before we had our drinks (I asked for warm water), chips and salsa.

I’d inspected my menu here at home so I knew what I wanted. The others picked theirs and I ordered veggie fajitas, no cheese. When it came, there was no cheese but there WAS sour cream. Since it hadn’t been on the menu, I hadn’t thought to specify no sour cream. Thankfully, it was on the side. I also got a small guacamole. DD doesn’t like it and the SO doesn’t like avocados so I had it all to myself. Everything was delicious.

Along about 5, the place started filling up. I think it sort of took the others by surprise but I expected it. A little later, even more people came in. They have a takeout window that was busy, as well.

When the meal was over, I still had a lot left on my plate. DD dished up everything for me so I could bring it home. We settled in to wait for the check. It never came. I’ve yet to pay for a meal there so I didn’t know the process. One goes to the window and tells the person the table number and pays that way. DS2 has paid before and DD paid with the SO’s credit card this time.

While I was waiting, the girl near the front of the line waved at me and there was another friend! We had a nice chat that passed the time. The SO later commented on how I saw people I knew wherever I went. It’s the result of living in a small town.

I’d fixed two bunches of radishes because DD has liked them in the past. Fellowship meal at the church was haystacks so I messaged/emailed/texted the Cavalry’s wife and told her I would donate the radishes if they could pick them up. They did and I threw in a partially used carton of sour cream and included my prayer requests/praises.

Not long after that, the sadness set in. DD and her SO got ready and left. I must admit to being tearful. DD never cries over our parting so, for her, it must not be sweet sorrow.

I haven’t changed out of my housecoat today. I even “went to church” in it. My selection for the sermon was (of course) Jose Rojas preaching.

After that, I watched a video about foraging for wild edibles. One of my friends from Oz gifted me with 30 days to Food Matters. There are a lot of interesting things on there but a lot I’ve already seen. Netflix has a lot of the same stuff.

Lunch was leftovers from yesterday. I almost forgot it was okay to lick the plate because I’d been polite for so long.

This afternoon, I emptied the stale hummingbird nectar and refilled both feeders. Later, my one lone hummingbird was back. Surely there are more out there. Maybe they haven’t made it back from South America yet.

Later, I went out and a squirrel was on the railing. I got within three feet of it and wiggled my fingers at it before it fled.

Haven’t seen any cats yet. I wonder where they are? Maybe they still have food from when Cuz was here earlier in the week. Who knows?

I didn’t realize how late it is. Guess I’d better wind this up and hit the hay.

8 Responses to Discharged!

  1. Lila May 2, 2015 at 10:31 pm #

    Congratulations on being discharged! On another note, how do you know DD doesn’t cry after she is out of sight?

    • Tommie May 2, 2015 at 10:39 pm #

      Thank you and I only suspect.

  2. Peach May 3, 2015 at 1:22 am #

    DD may not cry but I bet she hates leaving you. Congrats on being discharged, just take it easy and don’t push it.
    You made me laugh at licking your plate.
    One of my favourite flowers is lily of the valley, actually my birth flower but it is way too hot here to grow it.

    • Tommie May 3, 2015 at 9:16 am #

      Mother loved lily of the valley. I’ve wanted to plant some on her grave but I don’t know if they would survive the mowers.

  3. Mary Jane May 3, 2015 at 7:46 am #

    A week can go by awfully fast! Glad they came, even though it’s sad when they leave.

    Good news that you have met all the PT goals! Keep up the good work.

    • Tommie May 3, 2015 at 9:15 am #

      Time does fly! Both the PT and the PTA admonished me to keep exercising.

  4. Peach May 3, 2015 at 8:58 pm #

    Lily of the valley are bulbs aren’t they? you could plant some and see what happens. The mowers wouldn’t get the bulbs, only the tops and you may be lucky to get some flowers before they come along.

    • Tommie May 3, 2015 at 9:30 pm #

      They’re rhizomes or pips. Planting them at the right time is key.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.