Last night was a better night in spite of being groaty and gross. The temperature was coming up and I was much encouraged for today.

This morning, I flushed the commode in my bathroom and it went “WHOOSH!” I got a bucket and filled it at the tub in Twinkle’s ex-bathroom, held my breath (for more reason than one) and poured it into THAT commode. I took my time and let it go down before I tried it again. That time, IT went “WHOOSH! ” I breathed a sigh of relief, got out the cleaning supplies and spiffed it up. Later, I sprayed with Febreze. Poo-Pourriwouldn’t have helped in that situation so it was just as well that I didn’t have any.

With that out of the way, I commenced doing other things.

MultitaskingThe phone rang. It was my sister. I’d found out last night that her notebook had crashed and evidently had the BSOD. I’d emailed her she could reinstall Vista by pressing F9 as it loaded. Well, she was afraid of Vista. Someone had told her it was from Hell. Well, Vista had been pretty decent when I had the notebook before I upgraded to Windows 7. I prefer 7 but she can’t find the DVD and our other sister doesn’t seem to have it, either.

She had pressed F9 and now it was asking questions she didn’t know how to answer. I told her what to do and, after another phone consultation, it’s updating. I’ve sent specific instructions and links for downloading additional software.

During all this time, I was working on Lesson 11, both versions and the helps. I was holding the phone to my ear with one hand (it was so much handier when I had a phone that had a jack for a headset) and updating the files with the other. I got ’em done and uploaded them while we were still talking.

As a reward for getting the lesson finished, I watched Masterpiece on PBS while I ate my lentil soup I made from the rest of the leftover lentils (what else?).

Late last week, I signed up for dōTERRA. I know I could keep getting it from my friend but she’s already done so much more for me than she should have. Today, my enrollment kit came. When I opened the box, I knew something wasn’t right. Come to find out, they’d sent a kit that costs almost three times the one I was supposed to receive. I emailed the company. If I don’t hear anything by tomorrow, I’ll call. I had to call today to get my first name changed from Timmie to Tommie.

The diffuser shut down for the second time a couple of hours ago. I’m not supposed to let it sit without cleaning it so I didn’t start it up again. It would have still be running after I went to bed.

Well, I must get my bedtime things taken care of and crawl in amongst the contraptions I have to sleep on now. Until tomorrow, fare thee well.

2 Responses to Multitasking

  1. Joanie January 12, 2015 at 10:19 pm #

    So happy for you that your “system” is up and running again!

    • Tommie January 12, 2015 at 11:22 pm #

      Me, too! The weather had to cooperate to get it done but it did and it did. I praised the Lord when the commode flushed.

Leave a Reply to Tommie Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.