A Most Unusual Day

In spite of my leaving both Dr Heaterson to 68° it was 56° when I got up. It was 48 in my bedroom after the heater was left on 68° all night. I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised since the low was +1° F.

I’d left water running in the kitchen and my bathroom (the one that used to be Twinkle’s bathroom has pipes in inside walls) and cabinet doors open. It was gratifying that it worked and I had running water with no frozen anything anywhere.

My friend wanted me to either come to her place or she would come out here. I haven’t felt wonderful so we managed to communicate what needed to be communicated via email.

The phone rang three times but there was no one there when I answered. I called the number that showed up on my MagicJack and it was Matrix calling on behalf of Humana. The woman wanted to send someone out to assess my needs. I headed her off at the pass. Maybe if the house were presentable but no thank you otherwise.

I just remembered I need to update my bulletin template and publish it online. But back to today.

Cuz came by for a visit. She mentioned she was having the same kind of problems my sister and the Computer Owner did. She went back to the house and brought her notebook along with a nice terrycloth robe she’d promised me. I gave her their Christmas present complete with sesame crunch for her (she was thrilled) and dark chocolate for my CIL. She said it was going to take her construction partner’s truck to bring me mine. That’s scary.

Chrome UpdateAfter she left, I started in on her notebook. I ran Malwarebytes which hadn’t been updated in over two months and Spybot Search and Destroy which was in the same predicament. I opened Chrome and clicked on About. That’s when I saw the same thing I’d seen with the Computer Owner’s Chrome. Updates had been disabled by the administrator—NOT! Some kind of malware had done it. I was able to fix the CO’s by editing the registry but that didn’t work with this one. I decided to uninstall and reinstall. When I clicked on it in the Control Panel, nothing happened. Uninstall had been disabled, too.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat and there’s more than one way to uninstall. I’d downloaded Revo Uninstaller and had it on a flash drive. I installed it and uninstalled Chrome and wiped out anything associated with it. I had to restart the notebook to finish the annihilation but that was no big deal. When I reinstalled, everything was as it should be. Now, if it will just STAY that way.

I’ve been coughing more this evening than I have been and my chest is tight. I’m sure it has to do with the weather. Right now, I have on a hoodie, fleece long johns, one of my long fleece lounge things, a cobbler’s apron and socks. I’ve wrapped up in Mother’s snug sack when I’ve been sitting down and used the heating pad from time to time. I’m not used to having to use that much to keep warm. I boiled water and got the humidity up to 41% but it’s back down to 27%.

The diffuser is to empty and clean, the bulletin is to update. I still have to take a bath and get ready for bed. May it all happen soon.

2 Responses to A Most Unusual Day

  1. Lila January 8, 2015 at 9:29 pm #

    Wondering how much time you spent getting the notebook back in shape.

    • Tommie January 8, 2015 at 9:45 pm #

      I didn’t sit and watch the scans. It probably took 20 minutes direct intervention. The CO’s computer took longer than that because it had been ignored for nine months.

Leave a Reply to Lila Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.