So Sad, So Sad

Years ago, I was browsing in a no-longer-exists salvage shop not far from the hospital. I found an incomplete set of glasses that I couldn’t resist. There were seven of the eight in the box. I don’t remember how much they were but it couldn’t have been a whole lot. I brought them home and they’ve lived with me ever since.

I’ll have to modify that last sentence. One by one, they have gotten broken or they were hit against something so hard, they cracked. That’s what happened to the next-to-the-last one. I was moving it and hit the rim and when I examined it, there’s a “U” shaped crack on one side. So much for using it for drinking. Only one whole one is left and I have scoured the Internet for more like it with no luck. That one lone glass will go the route of its siblings someday. I know not when but it will be even sadder than yesterday was.

Cuddl DudsMy sisters have worn their Cuddl Duds over the cold seasons (but they put an “e” at the end of the first word). The winterwear has such a warm sound (sort of like Snuggies which weren’t completely successful). I sat down the other day and ordered a set—top and bottom. I based the size on what one of the reviewers wrote (“roomy”).

They came yesterday. I didn’t try them on. I figured I’d wait until today and wear them to church.

The rest of the day passed with me finishing up the proofing/editing of the SSNET file and doing the usual Friday chores. I was very tired by the time 9 o’clock came. Cuz had come by as promised and I noticed (when I went to get something out of the freezer) the Catz’ pan had been moved into the garage. Good idea. I’d thought about doing it, myself, but hadn’t.

This morning, I chopped up the Veggie Roll that had thawed, mixed it with tomato soup and onion I’d rehydrated and put it over rice. Then I matchsticked some beets and mixed THEM with some garbanzos, Vegenaise and kala namak. I was ready for the Thanksgiving fellowship meal.

I had my clothes all laid out and proceeded to get dressed. The Cuddl Duds bottoms went on first. A tad bit long but they fit. Then the top. Uh-oh. I was able to get my arms in and pull it down over my shoulders but under the armpits is where it stopped. There was no way it was going over what my sister would have referred to as my “upper division.” I thought, “I’ll wear the pants and return the top.” I had to back up. They were a SET. I couldn’t do that. Both pieces will have to go back and they are not sold separately. I could get black or white but I don’t want black or white. At least the return is free.

Cuz texted me in answer to my inquiry that they wouldn’t be here and the pan was in the garage because of the dogs. I let her know I’d noticed.

Putting on my temporary coat, I took my meal offerings and cruised down the mountain.

The church service was good, about giving thanks in every situation. I was able to hear all of the sermon without adjusting my aids more than once. I could be thankful for that.

The Computer Owner and I sat together with the Cavalry’s son. I put my aids on “Noisy Places” and was able to hear the conversation with no problem.

After lunch (one of the men complimented me on my Amish Beet Salad), I met the CO at the nursing home where we visited with Genese far longer than either of us had planned. It was so interesting, though! Genese and I got to reminiscing about our days working at the hospital. A couple of people I know came in plus I saw Genese’s sister. It wasn’t long before sundown when I left.

By that time, I had a pounding headache. I know it was a mix of two things—the hearing aids and no water. I took my aids out and put them on the seat. And, no, I didn’t lose one.

Pulling up to Cuz’ house, I fed the sugar babies, two Catz and Big’Un. Then I came home where I found that Twinkle had barely touched her food.

Queen Twinkle has refused to eat from her dish so I’ve set it out on the deck for the Catz to clean up. They’ll eat anything. I got one of her stainless steel bowls and put some fresh food in it. She has nibbled at it but I’m afraid it will eventually be passed on, too.

My head is still aching. My eyes are burning. I’ve had 36 ozzies of water/tea so far and am going to have some more. Hopefully, a good night’s sleep will see me all better tomorrow.

7 Responses to So Sad, So Sad

  1. Lila November 22, 2014 at 9:08 pm #

    I too hope you’re better tomorrow. You and I both had a long day away from home.

  2. Inge November 22, 2014 at 9:53 pm #

    Hope you’re feeling better! And now I know who ordered that set of underwear from Amazon … and who’s going to return it. 😉

    • Tommie November 22, 2014 at 10:04 pm #

      I need to go to bed. I think a good night’s sleep is what will help more than anything.

      How does it feel to have inside information? 😎

  3. Mary Jane November 23, 2014 at 7:44 am #

    Them Cuddl peeple jist don no how to spel!

    • Tommie November 23, 2014 at 8:47 am #

      An yew doo.

      • Mary Jane November 23, 2014 at 10:00 am #


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.