It was 10 o’clock when I finally got around to my B-12 injection. I’d settled on Mondays for it but since I hadn’t put it on my calendar, I didn’t remember last week so I did it on Tuesday. Yesterday, I decided I’d wait until today and just make it an every Tuesday happening. That’s when I put the reminder on my Google calendar to repeat with no end date.

I laid out all of my paraphernalia—prep pads, syringe and tiny vial. Everything was on a clean paper towel. The syringe was the next to the last one in the bag. No fear. My new supply came Friday.

Peeling the paper off the syringe, I laid it back into the plastic that was molded to its shape. Then I popped the top off the vial and automatically cleaned the top with a prep pad. That’s habit because it isn’t dirty. I took the needle cover off and pulled the plunger back to 1 ml. Inserting the needle into the vial, I pushed the air into it and the goosh started filling the syringe. And then…


the needle separated itself from the syringe. I wish I could have seen my own face. Fortunately, not nearly as much of the goosh came out of the vial as this makes it appear. I think it’s like when a person cuts one’s self—it looks like a lot more blood (usually) than it really is.

I picked the needle up, put the cover on it and screwed it back onto the syringe and started over. Oh, dear. When I pushed it back into the vial, there was some resistance. I guess I had blunted it and I’ve found out the hard way that a blunt needle just won’t work.

Getting the last syringe out of the bag, I started over. I was able to draw up about .75 ml. Not a full dose but it would have to do. I wasn’t going to break out another vial, too.

I’ve had the Dr Heaterin my bathroom on low for the last 24 hours or so. It wasn’t warm in my bedroom but I wasn’t planning to stay any longer than it took to shoot myself, anyway. I need to get a grip and go ahead and do it. The anticipation doesn’t help. It doesn’t bother me a bit to have someone else shoot me but I’d still not make a good junkie.

Other than that, I’ve done laundry, cooked, cajoled Twinkle into eating little dabs of food and worked on lessons. My eyes gave out when I was barely into lesson 9 and I gave it up for the day. The fellow in South Africa that does the helps is planning to be done with them by the end of the week. Surely I can have the last five lessons done by then.

Yesterday, I followed doctor’s orders and took two generic Prilosec. Not today. I had the same reaction to two of them that I had with Dexilant. I’ve done okay with doubling up on the generic Zantac but I’ll continue on with what I’ve been doing of the other.

These sub-freezing temperatures are getting old. The high was 26. It got down to 17 last night and it’s currently 18.5. If I wanted to live in the Arctic, I’d move. I expect better of Tennessee.

2 Responses to Oh, SHOOT!

  1. Lila November 18, 2014 at 9:46 pm #

    Not your best day, but not your worst either. Better luck next week with the B-12.

    • Tommie November 18, 2014 at 10:01 pm #

      I’ll make sure the needle is secure before I take the cover off.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.