Six o’clock came and I was out of bed. I did my routine things then took a bath and got dressed. I’d started fixing my breakfast smoothie when the phone rang. It was the septic tank service. I gave the caller as complete directions as I could and went back to blending.
The first few sips down, I heard the doorbell ring. When I opened the door, I motioned to the problem tank and said, “There it is.”
There are hateful old domestic blackberry vines obscuring a lot of the tank but not as many now. The two workmen cut a path quickly and started on the process.
I didn’t stay to watch but came back in to finish my breakfast.
The doorbell rang again. Would I flush the commode and see if it was behaving? I did and was pleased with the result. I went back and gave them the thumbs up. He said it wasn’t flowing as fast as they’d like. Could I flush a couple more times? I did and then I noticed it wasn’t going “swoosh!” the way it should.
When I’d made my report, the spokesperson asked for a hose. Mine were next door so I came in and called my cousin. She told me where to find one so I relayed the info to the man. He said he’d let me know if there might be enough force for something to bubble up in the house.
After everything was flowing to their satisfaction, I paid the bill (yes, $300—OUCH!!), got a receipt, they packed up their gear and left. I’d been instructed to call if I had any problems. Oh, and he said to use Rid-X or baking yeast to replenish the enzymes.
The last couple of days, I’d had a bucket in Twinkle’s bathtub for more serious business. To keep the smell down, I’d put in some tea tree oil. It was time to empty it. When I went in the bathroom, I noticed the bathroom floor was flooded. Oh, no! I pulled back the shower curtain and saw the Stuff had backed up into the tub. The commode was flushing but I had some cleaning to do.
I emptied the bucket into the commode and flushed. Big mistake. I should have done it gradually. It plugged it up tighter than a drum. I got my “cobra” (a smaller version of a plumber’s snake) but it didn’t help. I’d told the man the plunger wouldn’t work in the commodes because they each have a groove that keeps it from getting a good seal.
When the cobra didn’t work, I got the plunger and prayed. Using as much force as I could muster, I pushed. It didn’t do anything. I tried again. After several pushes, I felt some suction and the clog broke loose. Praise the Lord! I wouldn’t have to call the men back!
I’d used one of my least favorite towels to soak up the water. The tub’s been cleaned as well as both commodes. I’ve flushed two envelopes of expired yeast and I hope and pray they’ll work.
Since yesterday was a non-day, I tried to make up for some of it. I did a huge load of laundry, exercised, cooked and ate, fed critters (and Twinkle) and generally was more useful. Oh, and I also worked on the lessons and helps.
My sister’s helper came this afternoon to connect her computer. I don’t know if he’ll transfer everything or not but I hope so. I’ve admonished her to let it update completely. She has no idea what she’s in for if she has to do all that herself.
Genese has either gone on strike or she can’t get into Wordscraper. Big Brother keeps her computer from updating (when the policy plainly says it’s up to the user to have antivirus, etc.) so I’m inclined to think it’s the latter. One board was played four days ago, and the other, five.
I still have to drink my last glass of water and take my third NAC. Then it will be beddy-bye for me.