Up and Running

Well, I’m up but not running. My energy did kick in this afternoon. If it would do that in the morning, it would be nice. I’m hoping I won’t be awake until all hours tonight.

I feel I owe my sister an apology. She has protested that everything had to be pretty much planned out before a certain time so the nieces could change their reservations if necessary. I thought everyone knew I’m pretty flexible. Even when I was working, I could have said, “Sure. I’ll be there X day.” And then I would have worked the schedule so it fit.

There are certain limitations, ’tis true. Twinkle has done a lot to narrow my field of exploration. She doesn’t do well boarding at the Animal Hospital and I wouldn’t want to leave her at home alone for days at a time even though someone can come in and feed her. It’s confining but she’s an old cat and I’m an old broad and our lives are intertwined.

The Housesitter had mentioned a couple of things she wanted me to do before she left so I went over this afternoon. I think I stayed long enough that I wore out my welcome. She’s still bent on taking me out to eat but I don’t know when it will be. I wouldn’t go on Sabbath and she said she’s planning to leave on Sunday. I wasn’t aware there is a seafood place here on the mountain. She was bragging on their catfish but, of course, I don’t eat fish of any kind. I prefer mine alive and swimming. It’s nice of her to want to treat me. Maybe it could be the thought that counts?

When I got back to the house, three was an SOS—both voice mail and an email—from my sister about her “new” computer. I called her and walked her through plugging the network cable to it. Then I had her open Thunderbird. I’d set it up with folders and created filters to keep her inbox pretty much clear of everything but personal messages. There were 180+ messages to download. I knew that, being offline for more than a week, she’d have a bunch. I didn’t even try to walk her through Windows Update. Hopefully, it will do its thing tonight if she leaves it up. I’ve told her she needs to but sometimes things don’t happen the way they should.

I waited and waited for the message she said she’d send to come through but nothing. I called her land line and got a busy signal so I tried her cell. Turns out she was on the phone with her son so I told her to tell him “hi” and hung up. I’m still waiting for that email and it’s after 9 her time.

A March wind has blown a lot today. It was a soup kind of evening so I opened a can of Amy’s lentil soup and added water and kelp noodles. I ended up eating the whole thing. I feel like a pig.

Well, tomorrow is another day. I can tell I’m getting stronger. I don’t know what normal is any more but I wish I’d get back to it soon.

4 Responses to Up and Running

  1. Lila March 28, 2014 at 7:29 am #

    I think I’m pretty flexible, too, but perhaps not as resourceful as you in certain circumstances.

    • Tommie March 28, 2014 at 8:40 am #

      I’d say you’re pretty resourceful, though! You brought five individuals from babyhood to adulthood. That’s no easy task!

  2. Terry in the keys March 28, 2014 at 8:52 am #

    Glad you’re starting to have glimmers of feeling better throughout your days again. It just shows how sick you were! So keep that in mind and let your body continue to heal at it’s own pace.:-)

    • Tommie March 28, 2014 at 9:06 am #

      Yes, ma’am. Besides being sick, the antibiotics wiped me out.

Leave a Reply to Tommie Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.