When I’d predicted a late visit by the doctor, I’d failed to take into account a letter I’d received a few days before. I suppose he’s working his way toward retirement. The letter stated he would only be seeing patients on an outpatient basis. I guess no more rounds, no more surgeries. He did seem a lot more relaxed than before. Retirement wouldn’t be a big surprise. From what I’ve gathered, he may be older than I am.

Anyway, I promised pictures from what I took yesterday. The first one shows the helipad, complete with helicopter. After I took this picture, someone came out and did a pre-flight check and fired up the engine. I guess there was an emergency somewhere and they were called on to respond. I know the helicopter would come to the hospital where I worked pretty regularly. Early on, a woman called and wanted to know who had been flown out by the “jaws of life”. I had to keep from laughing when I told her I didn’t have that information.


Of course, I had to take a picture of my car on the roof. I tried to put a circle around it but the tool I was using kept trying blank it out rather than pinpoint it so I ended up adding text to the photo. It’s pretty small when the picture is made to fit this page but if you squint, you might be able to see “My car” just above the halfway mark and kind of in the center. You can use the old Ctrl/mouse wheel trick to enlarge it.

My Car

All that walking made me realize just how out of shape I am. There’s nowhere to walk around here. Dogs live up and down the street and the cats tend to follow me everywhere I go. They don’t need to be venturing out where they don’t belong.

Last night, it was leg cramp time again. I toughed it out and didn’t take anything for the pain but I’ve been sore today. I’d had such plans for getting a lot of things done but the lack of sleep didn’t help, either. So…I worked on the custom manual for the computer. I haven’t checked Windows Update lately but I think it’s just about done. From here on out, the updates should just be current ones.

My cousin was up to working today. At least she said she was attempting it. I wish she wouldn’t push herself the way she does but she has a tough boss—herself. I texted her to see if I should feed the critters and she texted back yes. When I went into the house, I was surprised to see the babies had food in their cages. I’d noticed the cats’ food pan was in a different place from where I’d left it. I called her and asked if my CIL had been there. She didn’t know. I gave the cats a bit of food and they were mostly uninterested. I was gratified to see there were five of them. It hurts that there aren’t still six.

Twinkle got a good brushing. She hocked up a hairball today. Maybe that will head off more of the same.

No wonder I’m sleepy. Maybe tonight will be better. I hope so. I’d planned to bake a carrot cake today for the fellowship meal Sabbath. I’ll try to do that tomorrow.

2 Responses to Draggin’

  1. Lila March 7, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

    Hope last night was better! Glad Six is back.

    • Tommie March 7, 2014 at 3:48 pm #

      It was and so am I.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.