Whadda Day!

I started out by not going to bed last night. I went to bed this morning at 12:45. Don’t ask me why I was up so late (early?). I don’t know. I just didn’t feel like going to bed. So I didn’t.

I woke at 6:30 and reluctantly crawled out of bed. I would have been content to lie there for hours but my thyroid med is supposed to be taken at the same time every day. Not that it happens that way but I try.

Quiet time, breakfast and my bath were next. I got dressed and sallied forth.

One of my friends is in rehab following major surgery in the valley where I most often go to shop. I hadn’t found that out until the weekend but I told his granddaughter I’d stop to see him today. I’d Googled the location and knew right where it was. I thought. When I got there, it was deserted and spooky. I went to an inhabited building next door and found where the center had been moved. “It’s right up the road on the left. It’s huge. You can’t miss it. I’d say it’s less than a mile from here.”

I’d gone almost two miles and was sure I had missed it. Twinkle’s animal hospital seemed a likely place to stop so I got out. There was a woman in the parking lot so I told her I was lost. She pointed to a complex within sight of where we were and said, “It’s right there.” I thanked her and got back into the car.

Talk about nice! The building is beautiful and huge is the right word to describe the size. I parked and went in. I had to sign in at the desk before I went to the room. I stopped in the restroom so I’d be comfortable while I was visiting.

My friend’s room is down the corridor, around the corner and to the right. I found it without any problem. Another granddaughter and her three children were there. He was getting a good scrubbing from the neck up plus she shaved him. We had a good time talking until the aide came to get him. He has three hours of physical and occupational therapy a day.

Today was beautiful after all the dreary rainy days. I still had about a quarter of a tank of gas but I figured if I didn’t fill up now, it might not be so pleasant later.

Walmart didn’t have everything I needed so I had to go to Bi-Lo, too.

After my late (early?) night, I was pretty wiped out when I got home. I’d wished I’d taken some coconut water with me so that’s what I had after I put the stuff away that might melt or go bad.

I had leftovers for supper. I’d gotten tomatoes and cucumbers but I was too tired to fix them. One of my avocados had escaped from the bag and I had to go out in the cold and dark to retrieve it. Everything, just about, is put away and Twinkle has been fed. I still have to give her some B-12, though.

Speaking of B-12, I kept forgetting to put on a patch. I’d put them out on the counter yesterday and STILL didn’t put one on. It was almost two weeks since the last one. That might be part of my problem with being so tired. After my bath, I put one on. I’ll leave it until tomorrow. I’ll see how it goes. A good night’s sleep will help, too, I’m sure.

3 Responses to Whadda Day!

  1. Mary Jane November 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

    No wonder you didn’t want to get out of bed at 6:30, after being up so late the night before! Glad you don’t make a habit of such bedtime hours. (I don’t, either, but still hate to get up.)

    • Tommie November 19, 2013 at 10:11 pm #

      I think I’ll go ahead and call it a day and ::gasp!:: not blog tonight.

  2. Lila November 19, 2013 at 8:14 pm #

    Tommie, usually if it’s near bedtime and I go ahead and get ready for bed, whether I’m sleepy or not, by the time I get there, I find I’m psycologically ready to crawl in. Might work for you, too!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.