In Memory of…

This has been quite a day. After I said good night last night, I tried to fix one of the photos my friend’s daughter had sent me. Earlier in the week, I’d installed Photo Explosion SE but it wouldn’t open. The only thing I could figure is it doesn’t like service pack 3. I looked at buying the full version but it’s on CD. If I could have downloaded it, I would have. Adobe Elements was the only other download that might be out there that would do what I needed. It was to bed while the more than 400MB downloaded. Even at that, it was after 11. And I’d put in 15 minutes on the rebounder.

This morning, I had my devotions, rebounded for between 10 and 15 minutes and set to getting the handouts done. Between Paintshop Pro and Adobe Elements, I finally came up with something I could put on the cover sheet. One note here—I have Paintshop Pro version 5 which is lightyears behind anything that’s out now. I would have downloaded the trial of the newest version but I didn’t know but what it would conflict with what I already have.

Here’s the picture I settled on:


It looks nothing like she did when she died. She’d lost a lot of weight.

There were three phone calls I had to make and then I buckled down to getting the handouts done. They took hours. When I first started printing, I was having trouble getting the paper to feed. That solved, I printed them, front and back, rather than taking them down to copy. The Lord had mercy on me and didn’t let the printer run out of ink so I can return the two cartridges I bought.

DD called and we talked for right at an hour and a half. I should have let her “surprise” me about the garden but I had to spill the beans that merm had told me. While we were visiting, I made a green smoothie (I’d already had over a quart of OJ) to keep my stomach from gnawing on my backbone.

The handouts were folded while we talked. When we hung up, I made a dash for the shower, got dressed and left for the church. There were some bulletins and other trash people had left behind so I gathered it all up and disposed of it.

I’d talked to the florist earlier and she agreed to meet me at the church. She brought in two beautiful huge arrangements, one from the daughters and the other from the brother and his wife.

It was about 20 minutes until time for the service when I sat down at the organ and began playing. I was the only one there. It was my fear that no one would show up except the participants.

I started praying and God answered in the affirmative. People dribbled in and then there was a rush. We didn’t have a huge crowd but it was a lot of her closest friends. The pastor videoed the service and he’ll burn DVDs for the family.

The busyness is over now and I can get on to other things. For the second time since she passed away, I cried. I’m going to miss the lady.

2 Responses to In Memory of…

  1. Pebbles March 25, 2009 at 5:23 am #

    Our tears are a testimonial of the friendship/love we shared. Our lost loved ones live on in our memories.

    • Tommie March 25, 2009 at 5:32 am #

      Thank you, Pebbles. Beautifully put. I appreciate it.

Leave a Reply to Tommie Click here to cancel reply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.