This Week with Tommie

I’ve had a do-less day. I’m not cut out for the nightlife any more. My visit with DD, washing dishes, eating (not in that order) and fixing romaine for salads was about all I got done. Pretty pitiful if you ask me.

Two people called to let me know one of our long-time church members had died. He was 83 and had declined very rapidly.

It was cold this morning. I warmed up the car so it wasn’t so bad having to get out to go to work. Wouldn’t you know, I’m filling in for the bank/post office runs. Brrrrrrrrr!

This afternoon, there was a package in the mailbox. I knew I hadn’t ordered anything. The return was Kitchen Resource. There was a strange looking black plastic gizmo and, down farther in the Styrofoam peanuts was a blade assembly for a blender. It was a stainless steel replacement for my L’Equip. The gizmo is to remove the old assembly and install the new one.

The temperature was colder than it was yesterday but the car wasn’t frosted up. I need to conserve fuel. I didn’t warm the car before I left.

I called the pastor’s wife and she’s going to get me some romaine the next time she’s at Aldi. That will be after the first of next month. She evidently goes around the 1st and 15th.

This is my chapter from my life night. Better get to it!

I took persimmon pudding to work with me. It was an experiment to see how banana slices would hold up in it overnight. It turned out well, as a matter of fact. However, I had only two takers when I offered samples. What is it about people being so afraid of trying an unfamiliar fruit? They’d be all over some kind of cooked dead body or even raw parts.

When I got home, I got busy and made a larger version of the pudding to take for the after-funeral family members.

Today was a milder day than the past few. That boded well for the people who would be going to the cemetery. I made a salad to contribute besides the persimmon/banana pudding.

After work, I made my weekly run to the valley-on-the-other-side-of-the-mountain to buy the groceries I can’t get on my job-side. From the produce place I went to Goodwill and prayed my way through trying on slacks. I asked the Lord to let me find one pair, at least. I hadn’t realized how baggy my size 6 slacks had gotten until I looked in the mirror at work today. Besides the two pairs I ended up with (both size 4) I tried on some violent pink genuine leather suede ones. The tags were still attached. They were too little. I didn’t know what I’d wear them with or where, anyway. There were some others that were too small, too. For less than $7 I got some light brown corduroys (LL Bean) and a pair of sage green slacks with no pockets. I’m glad I wrote that. I’d left the post office keys in the pants I wore yesterday and had to get the girl at the counter to get the mail for me this morning. I made sure I found the keys and put them with my purse.

It was oosh cold this morning and something outside the kitchen window caught my eye. Snow! Big fluffy flakes. Not thick but snow. It’s the third time it’s flurried already this fall. Unusual for these parts. Maybe we’ll have a white Christmas?

Today is supposed to be the last day for me to go to the bank and post office. Next week is supposed to moderate, temperature-wise. Wouldn’t you know it…

It’s been a month since I Frontlined Twinkle so I took care of the task. A few minutes later, she started salivating. I immediately thought I would look up the symptom online but my computer was acting up. I had to do a scan of my C drive which took almost three hours. Of course, it wasn’t long before she was okay, anyway. Seems my computer is okay, too.

I’m sleepy. I woke about 3:30 this morning and didn’t go back to sleep for over an hour. When I was supposed to get up, I slept through the alarm and was late to work. I’m going to fly up. It’s 19.5º F outside and that water bed is very inviting. Good night and happy Sabbath!

Saturday Night
When I drove up to the church, no one else was there. I unlocked the door and wondered if I’d missed an announcement saying we weren’t having services today. The heat was on so I went ahead and turned on the lights. Soon, people started filtering in and it turned out to be a larger crowd than usual when all was said and done.

I was looking forward to a relaxed rest of the day and into the night but it wasn’t to be. A business meeting was scheduled for this evening after vespers. I had my lunch and dozed in a chair until time to get ready to go. Food had been mentioned so I made a salad to take. When I was getting a container lid off the top shelf of the cabinet, I knocked a teacup out and it landed in my salad. That would have been okay but it pushed the salad off the counter top.

My Salad on the Floor

Ralphs need another meal and what I got off the floor will help.

It was going to make me late but I hurried around and made another salad and packed my tote. When I got to the church, the crowd was singing choruses sans piano or organ so I sat down and joined in.

The business meeting convened and


Our church has been needing a new one for a long, long time. It’s something I’ve been supporting for years. Every member lives in better conditions than we have at the church. FINALLY, we all got on the same page and voted to do something about it in the next year. Maybe in my lifetime? That was the only business brought to a vote and it was discussed up one side and down the other for a long time. When the people were counted, there were roughly 90% voting yes, one person no, and I guess 10% abstained. Now it’s a matter of finding the funds and deciding on whether to look for other property or build the new structure where we are. We are stepping out in faith.

I ended up bringing my salad home. I ate a little and the rest is going in the compost. Too much excitement? I dunno.

My sister is back in the hospital.

Good night!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.