Raw Vegan Recipe: Mango Sorbet

This is on my recipe page as well as on a post from a long time ago. It’s delicious and so refreshing on a hot summer day! I have a half bushel of mangos (Kent and Keitt) ordered from Robert is Here. I hope they make it here tomorrow. I’m completely out of the last batch of Mango Sorbet! It’s easy to make as long as you have an ice cream maker. I’ve intended to try freezing it in an ice tray and then blending but that round tuit is still elusive.

Mango Sorbet
4 cups cubed mango
The juice of one orange
Agave nectar to taste
A dash of sea salt

Equipment needed:
Measuring cup
Citrus juicer
Blender or food processor
Ice cream maker
Active taste buds

Puree all the ingredients either in the food processor or blender.

Pureed Mango

This is the puree just put into the bowl of the ice cream maker.

Beginning to Freeze

Beginning to freeze.

Ready to Eat

Ready to scoop.

Mango Sorbet

A frosty treat with a sprig of homegrown mint. The mint adds a refreshing flavor.

It keeps well in an airtight container in the freezer. Be sure to take it out 10 or 15 minutes before you plan to serve it. It will freeze hard but I have an OXO ice cream scoop with a straight edge that works well to shave it off. Enjoy!

14 Responses to Raw Vegan Recipe: Mango Sorbet

1. Anonymous September 25, 2008 at 4:13 pm #

added almond butter for creamy raw mango ice cream. about 1/2 c to 1 c. of almond butter to above recipe excpet i used water instead of OJ

2. Tommie September 25, 2008 at 7:30 pm #

I think I’ll stick with the sorbet but thanks for sharing the variation!

3. Fruitloop September 28, 2008 at 12:57 pm #

Tommie, you recipe sounds delish!

4. Tommie September 28, 2008 at 1:18 pm #

It is double-scrumptious!

5. Deborah June 18, 2009 at 1:21 pm #

Thank you for posting this recipe, I am new at the raw diet so look forward to trying this. Is there a particular ice cream machine that works better than others? I do not own one at this point but am considering it.

• Tommie June 18, 2009 at 5:55 pm #

It is doubly luscious! As for the ice cream machine, I only know it works well with my Krups La Glaciere. I don’t know anything about the others. You can do a search through my Amazon link for automatic ice cream maker. Any of them should work well. If you’d like to see what the forum members have, you can go to http://www.reallyrawfood.com/forum and post your question there.

6. Anu August 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm #

Hey Tommie,

Thanks for stopping by my page. This mango sorbet is of course absolutely delicious and yes guilt free! Gotto make it sometime – thanks for the recipe!

• Tommie August 15, 2010 at 12:55 pm #

You’re welcome and I know you’ll enjoy it! I got out my bowl for my ice cream maker and put it in the freezer just a little while ago. 🙂

7. Genese April 6, 2011 at 7:34 am #

the sample you shared with me was delicious even though it had melted. i believe anyone without an ice cream maker would be delighted with this recipe nicely chilled in the fridge.

• Tommie April 6, 2011 at 7:37 am #

It’s yummy right out of the blender! I should know… 😀

8. social anxiety June 3, 2013 at 8:23 am #

What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & assist other customers like its helped me. Good job.

• Tommie June 3, 2013 at 8:33 am #

If you click on the Forum, there’s a Donate button at the bottom of every page. Thank you!

9. RudyKTellers September 20, 2016 at 12:48 am #

Hi just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two
    different browsers and both show the same outcome.

• Tommie September 21, 2016 at 3:43 pm #

All of the sorbet pictures are showing up for me. Can you tell me which ones aren’t loading for you?