Happy Anniversary to ME!

Three Years!

Amazing, isn’t it, that a confirmed cooked food addict could be celebrating three years eating raw food today! And it’s ME! That makes it even more incredible.

This is how I spent my special day.

Instead of bounding out of bed, I luxuriated for 15 minutes after the alarm went off. After I had my devotions and took my shower, I did some eight-second-looks with the camera and tripod to post at a later date. Not tonight. I need to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

No exercising. The pictures took up that time.

I fixed more than a quart of OJ blended with pineapple (super yummy!) and a banana/romaine/agave nectar smoothie to take to work with me along with some bananas, dates and cantaloupe for later. I’d gone out the door and was ready to sail down the mountain when I couldn’t find my car keys. I came back in and searched for what seemed like ‘way too long and was praying all the while. I went back outside to look in the car again with no luck. I’d started back in to call and let the girls know I’d be late when I glanced at the ground beside the steps and there they were! I was on my way.

Circumstances decreed that I was the bank/post office person today. That was fine with me. It doesn’t take long but it gets me out of the house.

After I got back to the hospital, I had my OJ/pineapple and a little later, I worked on the smoothie. For lunch I mashed up three bananas with some cut up organic Medjool dates. It was really good.

Along about 2:30, I took my cantaloupe outside and ate it on the patio. When I’d finished that, I had a few minutes left so I did a lap around the buildings.

I left at 3:30 to take the mail and that was the end of my work day. I’d only told one person it was my anniversary. People think I’m crazy, anyway, so no use reinforcing the perception.

Home and ready for a celebration! I ate watermelon (about three quarts) and a salad. My special thing was to put a little bit of EVOO on the salad and I had some Bubbies pickles. Life on the edge, for sure! I did sit down and watch “The Next Food Network Star” that I’d recorded night before last. Big whoop!

Twinkle has been fed and the dishes are washed. Time for beddy-bye! Good night and congratulations to me!

14 Responses to Happy Anniversary to ME!

1. Fruitloop June 24, 2008 at 11:20 pm #

Happy Anniversary Tommie! WHere are the pics???

XO
    FLoop

2. susan June 25, 2008 at 2:49 am #

CONGRATULATIONS to YOU, Tommie, on your anniversary!!

You are an amazing SUPER-WOMAN in my (and most likely others) book! Keep on doing what you are doing – you are such an inspiration to all of us who struggle with this lifestyle!

Haven’t commented lately, but I do read your EVERY entry. Unfortunately – or – Fortunately, depending on how one views it, my life has pretty much mirrored yours up to this point (except my hubby was into motorcycles not aircraft).

I wish you a HAPPY, HAPPY Raw Anniversary!!!

Love & BIG Bear Hugs from me to you!

OX………Susan

3. Tommie June 25, 2008 at 6:41 am #

Thank you both and the pics will have to wait until this weekend when I have time to select, resize and upload.

Susan, I hope your husband hasn’t had problems with The Law! That can have an impact on anyone and everyone around no matter how innocent or guilty!

And now to the 4th year!

4. Lila June 25, 2008 at 6:51 am #

Congratulations! Wonder what you would have thought if someone had predicted the road you’ve taken. I remember your amazing stock of meat analogs. What a change! If I were going to eat raw, I would choose to do it more the way you are, rather than going to a lot of trouble making complicated dishes. You seem to have found the right lifestyle for you, and that is great!

5. Tommie June 25, 2008 at 6:57 am #

I would have thought that someone had lost his/her marbles and was ready to be institutionalized! Yes, I would buy fake steak, phony baloney and not-chicken by the case. There was even pseudo-tuna. Anything new that came out in that line had to be tried at least once. I was a regular connoisseur (or as Mother would say, “corner sewer”) of the artificial foods. I’ll have to include your experience at your nutrition class in one of my posts if that’s okay. And yes, dear sister, I agree that this is the lifestyle for me. Simple and uncomplicated and lacking a list of strange ingredients.

6. nancy June 25, 2008 at 11:58 am #

congrats on the 3 year anniversary! absolutely awesome you’ve been able to keep up the momentum.

7. susan June 26, 2008 at 2:49 am #

Tommie ~

Yes, unfortunately, my Hubby has had/still has some (now more minor) problems with “The Law”

Your ARE soooo absolutely correct in saying that it can ‘have an impact on anyone and everyone around no matter how innocent or guilty’:(……….we are still not yet free of this on-going drama…….seems to take FOREVER to clear yourself IF you can clear yourself:(

Somewhat nervously awaiting your 4th year re-cap!

OX…………..Susan

8. Tommie June 26, 2008 at 6:09 am #

My heart goes out to you. No matter how innocent/not guilty a person is, it does have an influence on everyone else within reach. And it can be a big IF re: clearing yourself.

The 4th year is the current raw one! I’m into it now…

And you can do it, too, Nancy!

9. susan June 26, 2008 at 10:33 pm #

Great, Tommie!

So you don’t envision yourself going back to cooked at all? Is it a true ‘lifestyle’ and not an ‘experiment’ for you?

I have heard of people being raw for yearsssss and then they say they discovered their health was lacking and they needed(?) to add cooked back in.

Do you, personally, feel better and better as time goes on? Is it ever a struggle to keep yourself raw? If you don’t ‘struggle’, when did it become just ‘the way to eat’ — months or years after you started?

Cheers to you!!!!

Susan

10. Tommie June 26, 2008 at 10:43 pm #

It is my lifestyle. The first few days was an experiment.

I don’t invision myself ever going back to cooked. If I do, it will be out of necessity and not choice. I think the ones who have to add cooked back are the ones who are on the plans that aren’t easily maintained. However, 811rv supplies all the nutrients needed if it’s followed the way it should be.

My feeling better has evened out to feeling good 99% of the time. After all, I’m 64 years old and will never be 30 again. I’m not tempted to eat cooked. After I went 100%, there was one time, eight months in, that I had a tremendous craving for lentils and boiled potatoes. Roger told me to eat them so I did. I felt cruddy for days. Never again have I wanted cooked.

Thanks, Susan!

11. Fruitloop June 28, 2008 at 12:29 am #

Tommie, I took a look at your anniversary picture! You look great;wow! How tall are you? You look so ‘spry’ in those jeans.

XO
    Fruitloop

12. Tommie July 1, 2008 at 6:20 am #

I don’t have my anniversary pictures up yet, Floop. Whatever you were looking at was from a prior year. I’m 5’3″.

13. Cassandra July 13, 2008 at 9:29 pm #

I’m late posting, but congrats!!!! 3 years is such an awesome accomplishment. :):)

14. Tommie July 15, 2008 at 8:23 pm #

Thanks, Cass! If I can do it, you can do it!