What’s my number?

I have been trying to find my cell phone number so I can go in and get some more minutes and I have no idea where to look. I know I saw it on the screen somewhere but I can’t remember where. I am totally clueless when it comes to these dorky little phones. I e-mailed my son because I know he has it stored in his phone but I haven’t gotten an answer. I’m not really what you could call a techie but I’m more of one than most people. This little hunk of metal and electronic gizmos has me flummoxed. It’s a paperweight, anyway. I have used it maybe half a dozen times since I got it last fall. Talking on the phone is not my strong suit. Since this one has such limited coverage, I’d be talking to myself most places, anyway. I’ve been assured I can call 911 even if I don’t normally get a signal. Thankfully, I’ve had no reason to find out if that’s true. It was merm who told me and my experience is I can believe him. One problem is, I don’t think it will get a signal if I don’t have the battery charged. I forget it’s in my purse 99% of the time. The last time I used it was when my car was making such a horrific noise after the timing belt was replaced. That was New Year’s Eve. Well, that’s off my chest but it still hasn’t put minutes in my account.

The clock hadn’t turned over to 9:45 when I was in bed, covered up, and ready to go to sleep. Maybe I can have a repeat tonight.

Do I Keep Listing This Raw Food?

30 ozzies grapefruit juice
32 ozzies banana/blueberry/spinach smoothie (I cut back on the spinach and it was better)
30 ozzies banana/romaine/agave smoothie
1 pickling cucumber
3 large tomatoes with Tajin and kelp noodles (I picked the noodles out of the last few spoonfuls, ate them, and pitched the rest)
Kim chee
1 Bubbies pickle
2 tangerines
1 Jazz apple
2 mugs garlic lemonade

Okay, now. If I don’t get some answers re: whether I should continue listing my food I will take that as a vote of non-interest and I will cease and desist. Will that also mean I’m doing all this writing for my own amusement and no one would miss me if I quit? It takes a large chunk of my day, that’s for sure.

I had to kick the storm door open when I went out to start the car. The car door was frozen shut, too, but I persevered and it gave way to my efforts. There was a thin layer of ice on the trees. On farther down the mountain the fog had frozen on the trees and bushes. It was like a winter wonderland. Beautiful! It spit snow off and on all day but there’s barely enough to kind of cover the ground. It’s 19º. My mother would say that’s too cold to snow. I can’t tell if it is or if it isn’t.

It was another busy days in spurts. Multiple patients would show up and then it would slow down. There is lots of pneumonia, coughing and sneezing around. I had much to do no matter what and was busy.

My throat is scratchy. That’s the reason for the garlic lemonade. I’m going to bed early as possible and try to sleep it off.

Good night!

6 Responses to What’s my number?

1. susan February 14, 2008 at 2:57 am #

Hi, Tommie!

Sorry for not replying to your request yesterday. You are NOT writing for ‘no-one’….I have your Blog bookmarked and look forward to reading it daily. I honestly do not know how you find the time to Blog daily (but do indeed appreciate it).

If sharing your daily food consumption is too time consuming to do, maybe consider sharing your basic menu for the week…or…your basic menu for the month…or just tell us, your readers, that all is as per the usual…and when you add something new or delete something or cut down on something (salt) or increase an item (fats, oils) you just make mention of that?

I don’t know what to tell you – do what is best for you and your time schedule. I will always check in daily to see if there is an entry from you….if not, then I’d check the next day … and a few days later … then weekly … then once a month … if still nothing, I’d remove your bookmark in 6 – 8 months – DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOUR LIFESTYLE!!

I think it is sooo awesome that you are able to post daily (I surely don’t think I could do it if I had a Blog).

You’re RAWSOME:~)

Susan

2. Tommie February 14, 2008 at 7:21 am #

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Susan. It helps to know that I have one reader who checks in daily, at least. I’m mulling over what I can do to keep the raw food aspect of the blog but make it easier. Your suggestions are good ones and I appreciate them. It’s good brain exercise to have to remember all the food I eat and in what quantities but it’s also time consuming. Seems I have less and less of that. Where do the hours go?

And, yes, less salt would be a big news blast!

3. Marjorie February 15, 2008 at 10:54 pm #

I think it’s nice to have a complete snapshot of one person’s raw lifestyle, regular and consistent, out there on the web. And let’s face it, you’re gonna be a person that people can relate to that might not relate to me (young radical and inconsistent person that I am). Do ya know what I mean?

But really, don’t do anything you don’t like doing, either.

Gosh, I helped not at all, I think.

:), Marjorie

4. Tommie February 16, 2008 at 8:22 am #

It isn’t that I don’t like doing it, Mama. It just seems at times that I’m writing to myself because there’s little response. I guess I look at other people’s blogs and see all the comments and wonder if they don’t find anything worthy on mine. I should quit doing that, I know.

And you have helped. The answers that I’ve gotten have been pro-blog if I want to continue and I do want but not if it isn’t doing any good. You have pointed out, before, that I’m a “normal” person eating raw food rather than the young radical. A lot of the forum members are in the over 50 crowd. We need a voice, too.

I’ve not only gotten comments (a few) on here but via e-mail. It’s like my DD said, “Not everyone likes to comment.” It’s quite safe. There’s no way to track comments to the person. The e-mail address doesn’t show up and the only link is to a URL if one is entered.

5. Jackie February 20, 2008 at 2:29 pm #

Good morning from New Zealand Tommie on a glorious autumnal day. I would very much like to have some correspondence/ friendship with you. At LAST!!!…a raw foodist who is very close to my age(69)AND female. It makes for a kinship. In one of your blogs( which I have just come to via Roger Haeske) you say that you have never got past one day on a water fast and I find this quite surprising considering that you have b een 100% raw for more than two years. This achiement in itself surely required an astonishing amount of discipline…don’t I know it!…. and much brow beating over beating any one particular food etc addiction and the extreme disappointment in oneself when you realise that …you have let yourself down….yet again! Ok..back to the water only fasting,, I have been eating about 85% raw for approx. five years now and have made the decision to go 100% raw….NOW!! Now that I have SERIOUSLY made that decision I think that I will acieve my goal with little or no angst.The wheels are already in motion. Every year at this time( with Lent as an incentive) I embark on a forty day( or bit longer) water fast and currently I am into my 12th day and I feel GREAT. A bundle of energy!! I listen to my body very closely and it tells me its needs and how it is feeling..getting happier every day. Oh yes…I am having my own personal struggle..I seem unable to pull off the last vestige/gremlin of my old life and dispense with the morning cup of tea however rotten it makes my tongue taste…but I WILL. So watch this space all you out there!! Thank you so much Tommie for allowing me to write here..to get to know you…What I would also like to know is,,seeing how I am a complete computer dummy..almost.. can you lead me by the hand and in the SIMPLEST of terms tell me how to start a blog of my own rawfood journey with links to you and Roger..I would be SO grateful and thankfu. Very many thanks,,,Jackie Volkov.

6. Tommie February 20, 2008 at 3:34 pm #

I applaud you for your fasting but please remember we are all individuals. I don’t feel the need to do an extended fast. Dr. D would tell you that, if you eat a good raw food diet, a fast isn’t necessary to cleanse the body even though he conducts fasting retreats. I understand you are doing it for Lent. That is a personal decision as well.

When merm gets my archives back up, you can go back to the beginning and see what I went through to get where I am today. Once I made up my mind, the rest has been history.

I have personal communication on almost a daily basis with the people on my forum. There are other people there who are our contemporaries. Annie and Dwain are both in their 60s—Dwain just had his 69th birthday. Consider joining (it’s free) and start your own journal in the members only area.

There are many free blogging sites out there. I started on Blogger (aka BlogSpot) and switched to WordPress when I bought my own domain. I am only using the WordPress software though they have a free blogging site, as well. If neither of these meet your needs, you can do a search and come up with 40+ sites that offer similar services. A blog is easy to start. Just follow the prompts and you’re in business. It will also walk you through setting up links. Good luck!