“I need to see your driver license and proof of insurance, please.”

First off, I didn’t get to bed when I should have last night. When I woke this morning, I was thinking I’d get up and go to both services with my son so I could hear him tell the Children’s Story twice. Then I realized I hadn’t packed my thyroid med. Well, crud! What’s more, when I took it yesterday, I thought, “I won’t have to be at the pharmacy at the crack of dawn tomorrow!” then put it back where I normally keep it.

What’s that song? “Gloom, despair, and agony on me…” I was thinking it was “all three” but my son corrected me and he’s right.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me

I’d checked my cell phone last night and I had 133 minutes which surprised me. I thought they expired. I was going to call the pharmacy and had NO MINUTES to use. So, it lied to me. That was the second disaster.

I got on the phone and used my long distance card to call (I could have used Grand Central for free but didn’t think of it). After a few minutes, I was told that they would be glad to loan me a couple of pills to do me until I got home. I’d showered so I pulled on a bra under my sweats and skipped out the door with some water in hand.

Not far into my unscheduled trip, I had to make an unscheduled stop—with blue lights behind me. I got out my license and was waiting for him when I rolled down the window. I was so rattled that I couldn’t think where my proof of insurance was (inside the cover over the mirror on my side of the car) but he took my word for it that I’m insured. I was doing 51 mph in a 35 mph zone. After giving me a warning, he let me go after adding that if he had to stop me again I would be ticketed. You can be sure I drove slowly and circumspectly.

It took longer at the pharmacy than I hoped it would. There was a woman in front of me who seemed to have done her week’s shopping along with picking up a prescription. After she checked out, it was my turn. The pharmacist gave me twice as many pills as I’d requested. I thanked him profusely and was on my way.

The water was cold and I don’t like cold water. I washed one of the pills down with a swallow of water rather than a full glass per the instructions.

My son had already left and the others were still snoozing when I got back. I let myself into the house and warmed up the water. That was possibly 10 minutes after taking the pill.

One of the cats jumped onto the counter and knocked a glass of grape drink onto the floor (they don’t operate under Twinkle’s rules). I had finished cleaning up the mess when my DIL got up. I couldn’t get the mop back onto the fancy holder they have and probably succeeded in wrecking it.

The two ladies of the family got ready for church and were picked up by my son. I promised to be on as soon as I could get ready.

They hadn’t been gone long when I started feeling strange. My body started tingling all over and I couldn’t walk in a straight line. The first thing that came to mind was “STROKE!” but I didn’t have any other symptoms. I talked out loud and didn’t have slurred speech and the words came out as I intended. I thought maybe I needed something in my stomach since it had been almost an hour since I’d taken my medication. The citrus juicer has its own spot in the cabinet so it was easy to find but I couldn’t find the pitcher and reamer. I hunted high and low and was about to give up and just eat some bananas when I spied it in plain sight on the counter. I fixed my OJ and drank it while I had my Quiet Time.

Weird Day Raw Food

28 ozzies OJ
30 ozzies banana/blueberry/spinach/agave smoothie
Kim chee
A little over 8 ozzies strawberries
Salad of romaine, red leaf, green curly leaf, tomato, cucumber, red onion, dressed with cashew dressing
Kelp noodles with more of the same

I didn’t feel a whole lot better after my OJ breakfast. I sat down and started updating on the forum and all of a sudden, it was no longer there. Not another attack! I e-mailed merm and he said he had been migrating away from the hacked server and it would take time for the WWW to find me again. Nothing would be lost, he said, except our patience.

I was still feeling strange but not weak or anything so I started getting ready for church. Making my way out the door, I thought that was it if I needed to get back inside. I didn’t have a key.

It’s my custom to have prayer before I go anywhere and you can be sure I did before I left the driveway. Not far up the road, I had a terrible urge to go to the bathroom. It was all I could do to hold it. I managed to get to the church, get parked (illegally), and make it to the bathroom before I completely ruined myself. I got myself in order and was walking down the hallway when my son called to me. My DIL had told him about the incident with the officer.

My niece and her children were there and I told her a little of my morning and we shared misery. She has been sick and was still getting over the worst of it.

The elders were already on the platform when I got into the church proper. I made my way close to the front and sat down next to a long row of beautiful young ladies. They needed some contrast. My son did a great job telling the story of his granny and her angel and how she was rescued on an icy road. When it’s posted on the church’s site, I’ll link to it.

The family came on home while I stayed for the sermon. They were already eating when I knocked on the door (they had me locked out—were they hoping I wouldn’t come back?).

This afternoon has been quiet compared to the morning. We’re going to a talent show tonight. I’m blogging earlier than usual in preparation for going to bed on time.

As for the incident earlier in the day, I’m sure it was brought on by my not drinking enough water when I took my meds. My stomach was completely empty and that little pill packed enough of a punch that it about did me in. That’s something I will never repeat. I have learned my lesson. My metabolism revved up and made my food from yesterday move through at top speed.

We are back from the talent show. It was cute—full of skits, music, and “commercials” asking for help for the school. They sold nachos, popcorn, candy, and soft drinks to raise money. I didn’t partake. The rest made up for my lack.

It’s going on 10:30, again, and I need to get to bed. Good night!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.