Happy Birthday to the Forum!

One year ago today, I launch Raw Food Lifestyle, a forum that encompasses all the aspects of living in a cooked food world but eating raw. It also includes some topics that will give you a belly laugh because “a merry heart doeth good like a medicine.” Much of it is public (you can read the posts without having to become a member or log in) but some areas are private and viewable only by members. It’s a friendly place to be!

Last night, I soaked in the tub before I went to bed. This morning, I managed to sleep through the alarm. I woke at almost 20 minutes until 7. My three cups of garlic lemonade (actually about 36 ozzies of liquid) kept me up a lot of the night going to the bathroom. There was no time to exercise. I didn’t feel like going to work but there were things I needed to do so I figured I’d at least put in half a day.

The Forum Birthday Raw Food

28 ozzies grapefruit juice
30 ozzies banana/blueberry/spinach smoothie
4 satsumas
1 Harry and David apple
2 cups garlic lemonade (I figured I get started early and avoid the rush)
3 persimmons
Maybe a cup of tomato, cucumber, avocado, orange sweet pepper, red onion,and kelp noodles with lime juice and seasonings (I made a lot more)

My intention of leaving early never panned out. To begin with, I was elected to do the bank/post office run both morning and afternoon. I could have had someone else do the afternoon and come on home but I started feeling better.

Mid-morning, my friend called me. She sounded much perkier today. Imagine my surprise when I went to see her and the CNAs were getting her ready to come to the hospital! It isn’t anything serious but will probably involve a several days’ stay. She had me take the grapefruit to my office for safekeeping. She hadn’t eaten any of it yet.

I hadn’t taken much to eat since I was coming on home. I was pretty hungry by the time I got here. The persimmons were a nice treat.

And now to my supper disaster. I’d mixed up all these tomatoes and other stuff (about a quart, all told) and started to put in one more tomato. I thought, “I don’t want my eyes to be bigger than my stomach” so I left it out. I’ve been eating so little since I’ve had this whatever it is that’s making me have a snotty nose that I couldn’t handle it all. I picked out all the noodles I could and ate them plus some bites of avocado and threw the rest away. I felt bad doing it but there was no way on God’s green earth that I could have eaten any more. And I couldn’t save it for tomorrow, either, since I’d been eating out of the bowl. It isn’t the first time I’ve gotten myself in trouble that way.

It’s a settled fact that my friend won’t be going to church. My feeling better hasn’t lasted so I may not, either. I’ll have to see how I’m doing in the morning. (Sounds like last night, huh?)

In the meantime, I’ll wish everyone out there a Happy Sabbath and a good night.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.