Christmas is coming close to driving me bonkers.

I’ve just about had all I can take. I have decided that, other than the shirts the Children’s Hospital sells every year, I’m not buying any more Christmas clothes. I don’t wear them every single day after Thanksgiving so I will have as many as I need until I retire. After that, I won’t be wearing them around the house unless someone comes to visit. I’ll be sure not to invite people over too often. Holiday apparel starts with Valentine’s Day. People have hearts dangling from their ears. Why don’t they begin with New Year’s Day and walk around garbed in diapers? We have St. Patrick’s Day when we must wear green or risk getting pinched. Easter is all about the clothes. (I’m not getting into the significance of the holidays here—just what we put on our bodies.) The 4th of July comes along with everyone wearing red, white, and blue. I rebel and wear white after Labor Day. Life on the edge. I’m reckless. My older Halloween shirts are too big. I’m giving them away. Some of the employees have harvest clothing for Thanksgiving and that brings us right back to Christmas. I like all-purpose wear even though I’ve caved and have a lot of the themed fashion. But enough of this. I could go on and on but I won’t. I have to stop sometime.

It was 11 pm when I hit the hay last night. Far too late. I got up a few minutes after 6 but I still only had time to do my BodyFlex.

100% Raw Food

Just under 16 ozzies OJ
30 ozzies banana/cherry/spinach smoothie
Frozen fruit and large grape tomatoes at the Department Head Christmas Party
6 satsumas
24 ozzies banana/red leaf/romaine smoothie
2 persimmons
The rest of the persimmon pudding
Romaine with 2 finely chopped tomatoes, a cippoline onion, avocado, lime juice, Frontier taco seasoning, Frontier Cajun seasoning, kelp noodles

My friend was out for the day. I have no idea where she went or when she got back. She must have been feeling more perky.

I was elected to drive myself and three other department heads to the party. It was ‘way out on a mountain with a twisty, winding road and I managed to make everyone but me nervous. My top speed was 50 mph and that was on the straightaway.

There was a new person in our midst and we hadn’t really had a chance to get acquainted. The others were introducing themselves. When it came to me, I told her who I am and the area I supervise. She said, “I know. You’re the vegan. I’m a vegetarian.” We started talking and I learned she has been vegetarian since she was 15 or 16. She looks very young so it couldn’t have been too long. 🙂 I told her I was vegetarian most of my life and had unsuccessfully tried to turn vegan several times. Until I started eating raw, I couldn’t maintain a vegan lifestyle. She wanted to know why I decided to eat raw. It was because of the chest pain, gallbladder disease, the possibility of diabetes, and the fact I weighed close to 190. We were called to eat and our conversation ended. It was nice to have someone around that eats close to the way I do.

There was a big bowl of frozen fruit that was very tasty and very cold. I just about froze but I kept on. I had two helpings. I also had more than my share of the tomatoes. Someone remarked that they didn’t see any carrots on my plate. She was surprised to find out that mixing the fruit with hard to digest veggies like carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli can cause fermentation in the stomach. They enjoyed their finger foods and I looked forward to getting back to the hospital so I could eat my satsumas and fix a green smoothie.

We battled through the gifts. I drew number 13 and was the last to choose anything. I got the movie “Trains, Planes, and Automobiles”. The first person could have chosen something else but she was happy with what she had. We each got a scented candle from our boss, then loaded up and headed back.

I was cautioned not to drive down the mountain too fast. I tried to behave but it’s hard.

The rest of the day was spent playing catch-up. I left a little late. I may leave early tomorrow. I’m going to have to go in Saturday night and fill in. Everyone has plans so one of the registrars will work until 4:30 CST and I’ll take over until 9 which is 10 here. I’m not great doing registrations in the ED but we’ll all live through it, I’m sure.

It’s the time of the year for me to have my annual physical. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon.

I’m evaluating a multi-media course on blogging from the folks at Simpleology. For a while, they’re letting you snag it for free if you post about it on your blog.

It covers:

  • The best blogging techniques.
  • How to get traffic to your blog.
  • How to turn your blog into money.

I’ll let you know what I think once I’ve had a chance to check it out. Meanwhile, go grab yours while it’s still free.

Better get to bed! Good night!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.