Tuesday was a busy day…

(sung to the tune of “Sabbath is a Happy Day”)

Tuesday was a busy day, busy day, busy day
Tuesday was a busy day
I’m glad it’s not Tuesday!

I got up in time to do all of my exercises through BodyFlex, LSEs, floor exercises on my back, but then I jumped to another 105 second pushup.

100% Raw Food was pretty much the same as usual. I took some watermelon to work with me and had it during the day. On the way to the Asian market and back, I ate 33 Bing/Ranier cherries. I had a couple green smoothies, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, etc., etc. I’ll go into what I ate when I got home later.

I was able to get out and walk 15 minutes early in the day. I listened to more of the Perfect Health Program.

The man called me from the Asian market and said they’d cut the jackfruit and I could come pick up my part. I was disappointed it was cut without me but I told him I’d get there before they closed. There was no way I was getting away from work as early as I would have liked.

It was super busy all day long. I didn’t get out of the office (except to go to the bathroom) until mid-afternoon. I took 15 minutes and went to the breakroom and drank part of my lunch smoothie.

I managed to leave almost 45 minutes early. Since it’s over an hour from work to the market, I zoomed by the entrance to the cemetery and called out, “Hi, Mother! Bye, Mother!” I hated not to even do a drive-by but she didn’t know it. I did.

With a quick pit stop, I made it to the market with time to spare. I took pictures of the lady and her aunt and they put the fruit in a bag for me. The lady asked me if I knew how to keep the sticky off my hands and I said, “Oil.” She was pleased and said, “You know a lot!” I told her I read on the Internet. I picked up the bag and I was on my way.

I kept thinking about having to oil my hands to handle the fruit. I have olive oil but I didn’t think it would taste very good on the jackfruit. It finally hit me I could use coconut oil. What I have is cold-pressed and smells like coconut. That was settled.

My green supply was good and I didn’t need anything else so I didn’t stop anywhere. I went straight there and straight back.

First thing when I got home, I had to try the jackfruit. I took pictures, then started prying the fruit out. It’s a process, let me tell you.

I’d gotten an e-mail from one of my sisters cautioning me she had been reading about jackfruit, herself, and eating too much could cause diarrhea. I didn’t think I ate too much but I had to go four times during the next hour. It certainly cleans a body out. The taste is very delicate and I don’t think this one was fully ripe. It still had a “green” taste. Maybe that’s natural. I have no way to know. One of the nurses at the hospital has eaten it so I’ll take some to her and let her try it. If this is as good as it gets, I’ve tried jackfruit. I’d like to get some frozen because I would know it was ripe.

After I had the fruit, I ate some mushrooms and most of a salad with cashew dressing. I don’t know if it was the combination or what but I started feeling icky. My stomach was queazy and I was getting hot. I went outside, sat on the front steps in the cool, and put my head between my knees. After I spent a few minutes that way, I felt much better. Not great, but better.

I knew I wouldn’t be able to get the whole piece of fruit in the fridge. I wrestled with it and got all the pods or whatever you call them out and into a bag in the freezer.

So…that was yesterday. I went to bed and slept in spite of everything. It’s already late. I’ll catch up on today tomorrow.

Good night!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.