This has been a crazy mixed-up day!

I’ll get to all the goings on in a little bit, but let’s get the statistics out of the way first.

I got up and took my thyroid med and went back to bed, hoping to fall asleep again. I lay there for over an hour and even donned the eye mask my granddaughter had given me years ago but it did no good. I finally got up and did all of my exercises including a 70 second pushup. Getting better again!

100% Raw Food:

25 ozzies grapefruit juice

1.5 quarts watermelon

Snacking through the afternoon
Most of an Ataulfo mango
4 kiwifruit (Chinese gooseberries)
32 ozzies banana/romaine/red leaf lettuce smoothie
1 quart peach/mango/blueberry fruit “salad”

Marinated mushrooms I rinsed and soaked in water, then squeezed out. I’m sorry, Marjorie, but I liked them that way.
4 tomato salsa with Tajin and avocado

After I had my grapefruit juice, I transferred the December 13 teleconference with Dr. D. to my MP3 player (I’ve e-mailed Elchanan at the Path of Health to see if I can post the link for it on here) and went out for my hour in the sun. That done, I came in to take a shower. When I turned the water on, there was a little rush and then nothing. I wish I could have seen the look on my face! I went to the meter and it wasn’t indicating a leak anywhere. The neighbor was next and, yes, he’d had the same experience. I came in, called Central Dispatch, and was told a main line up the mountain was “busted”, that there was a crew working on it, and no, she had no idea how long it would take to fix it. Funny how much a person uses water!

That’s when I had my watermelon. I’d put a glass to soak in the sink so I used that water to rinse the sticky off my hands.

My daughter called a couple of hours later and the water came on just as we started talking. It was a wonderful sight! We talked for almost an hour and caught up on all the doings at her job and my SIL’s. She gets Tuesday and Wednesday, both, off. I think I would like that, myself.

I got a late start on laundry but it HAD to be done, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I had gathered it up and started loading it into the washer when here came a downpour. Nothing could be done but to continue. I have to have clean clothes for work. I festooned the living room with my shirts and pants. The fireplace has hangered tops hanging all across it. I’ve shut down the gas for the summer so there won’t be that bit of heat to help dry them. I did two loads, all told, and a couple of my t-shirts are drying in the spare room. No matter. We need the rain. I’d noticed my basil was looking droopy. It’s fine now.

My sister and I had been e-mailing back and forth after she got up (she’s three hours behind me) and she’d been telling me about the bad night my brother-in-law had. She didn’t want to call for help yet because she wanted to wait for him to see his regular doctor tomorrow. I told her to call the ambulance if he got worse. She e-mailed back that she was sure it would be paid for if she did, and if it weren’t they’d pay themselves. I assured her that Medicare and his supplement would pay for it if it were truly needed. Next thing I know, I’m getting a hurried e-mail. “(My neighbor) is taking me to (the hospital)–called 911 and they took (my husband) off, they said he has ‘some kind of sepsis’. He was cold, clammy, unresponsive. Will write when I can. Please forward to our other sisters, I need to go. Love to all.” I’d been getting un-critical e-mails from another sister and almost didn’t stop for that one when my notifier let me know I had mail. Something told me to check it and I’m glad I did. I immediately forwarded it to my sisters and we’ve all been praying since. Nothing else has been heard. One of my sisters has tried to reach them at the hospital with no luck. I’ve called and left voice mail for my niece but I haven’t heard back. I hope I can sleep when I do get to bed.

I still haven’t had my shower. I think I will go to bed the way I am. I don’t stink but I guess it wouldn’t make any difference if I did. Twinkle doesn’t care one way or the other.

All you praying people out there, keep my brother-in-law and my sister in your prayers! I hope I have more encouraging things to report tomorrow. Good night!

2 Responses to This has been a crazy mixed-up day!

  1. Marjorie July 1, 2007 at 11:28 pm #

    Hope your brother-in-law is o.k.!


  2. Tommie July 2, 2007 at 10:10 pm #

    Thanks, Marjorie, but this is going to be a long recovery. His health was already compromised and this on top of it really hit him like a ton of bricks. I won’t go into detail here since I plan to update on today’s post.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.