Happy anniversary to me. I think. Happy birthday to Roger!

Today didn’t go at all like I’ve been planning for so long. I was going to get up, exercise, lay in the sun, take pictures, pig out on raw food, visit with my children, and thoroughly enjoy the day. As it was, I got up, lay in the sun, took pictures, ate a little bit here and there, visited less than an hour with my daughter, talked to my son, and that was about it. I guess the usual Sunday things I didn’t do were exercise and laundry and I just didn’t feel up to it. I could have done it but I didn’t want to so I didn’t. If I weren’t going to be short-staffed tomorrow, I might call in but there’s no way.

Okay. So I’ve whined. Let’s move on.

Food:

Breakfast
28 ozzies grapefruit juice (that’s more than usual but pigging out?)

Lunch
1.5 quarts not wonderful watermelon with sea salt

Snack
Kim chee
More kim chee
3 Ataulfo mangos (excellent) with 1/2 pint blueberries

Supper
1.5 quarts not wonderful watermelon with sea salt
1.5 quarts not wonderful salsa (I think it was the elephant garlic that made it sort of bitter) with avocado, cucumber, and Tajin

After my grapefruit juice and Quiet Time, I took a shower and snapped the pictures first thing, then went outside and lay in the sun for an hour.

My daughter called me up in the afternoon and we had a good visit. I was telling her that I thought I had post nasal drip because my stomach had started feeling queasy so I ate the kim chee to cut it and it worked. I’d e-mailed a friend that I might have PND and she wrote back “What is PND? Pregnancy Never Done? Prostate Nerve Damage (I know I’m stretching it a bit)? Possible Nude Dancing? Pee Naked, Dummy?” She’s very creative when it comes to thinking up possible answers to acronyms. Surprisingly, she came close a time or two. Pregnancy Never Done could equate to Post Natal Depression.

After my daughter and I hung up, I called my son to see how yesterday had gone. They made it there and back okay and he said it was a good service.

Today is Roger’s birthday. I posted his own topic on the forum and he’s gotten lots of good wishes.

I’ve got my pictures uploaded and ready to go but it’s getting on toward 10 o’clock. It’s been sprinkling. Wish it would open up and actually rain. Guess it will do it when it’s ready. The forecast has a small chance of rain every day for the coming week. We’ll see.

Good night, all! I’m going to heat up my towel and go to bed. It was warm for an hour last night. BTW, I slept much better than I did the night before. Hopefully, I’ll do the same tonight.

6 Responses to Happy anniversary to me. I think. Happy birthday to Roger!

1. Marjorie June 25, 2007 at 9:41 pm #

Happy Anniversary!!!

Marjorie

2. Tommie June 26, 2007 at 3:30 am #

Thank you, Marjorie! I could say I was beginning to think no one cared but there have been lots of congratulations and good wishes on the forum!

3. Cassandra July 1, 2007 at 12:27 pm #

Happy anniversary!! I’m so thrilled that you’ve made it two full years. (Not sure if you’d know who I am, but I’ve commented on your journal once or twice when I was reading all the way through.)

I’m just starting out on my raw journey. Finally got up the motivation to do it, but I’m only on day 2. Can’t wait until I have an anniversary to celebrate!

4. Tommie July 1, 2007 at 4:35 pm #

I remember, Cassandra, and I’m so glad you’ve taken the plunge! Have you joined the forum yet? http://reallyrawfood.com/forum is the link. And you do have a reason to celebrate, m’dear. Celebrate every day you’re eating raw! You are doing your body, mind, and soul the biggest favor ever!

5. Cassandra July 4, 2007 at 10:05 am #

I did the join the forum a few months ago but then kind of stopped trying to be raw so didn’t spend much time there. 🙂 I logged in and will be purusing around today. Hoping to get to know some new people!

Thanks for the encouragement. 😀 I’m on day 5 and loving it. If it’s ok, I’d like to post in my blog what you said about celebrating every day and doing your body a favor. Most people who read my blog think I’m nuts for eating raw.

6. Tommie July 4, 2007 at 10:16 pm #

Keep it up, Cassandra! The longer you stay raw, the easier it will be. It’s only hard if you keep going back and forth.

I’m amazed that I said something that is quote-worthy. Go right ahead and use it. If it will help someone, I’ll be happy. There will always be people who think you are nuts. If they tried it, they’d find out how nuts we are!