Another gorgeous day in Tennessee!

And I slept away a good portion of it. I didn’t get up until about 8:45.

I did all of my exercises including the 70 second pushup, the NT and the HR.


Some 14 ozzies strawberries
24 ozzies OJ

Sometime in the afternoon
A whole small watermelon (not bad but not the best I’ve eaten)
2 persimmons
32 ozzies banana/spinach smoothie
2 C mango (Ataulfo)

Later on
4 tomatoes with Tajin
A large salad of romaine, red leaf, green curly leaf, tomato, cucumber, onion, dressed with cashew dressing

I’ve been working on my plants off and on all day. I ate my watermelon out in the sun since it was a “seed-spittin'” kind. I don’t know how long I was out there but I went out when Nigella was on and came back in when Michael didn’t have long to entertain. I saw Nigella on the Food Network Awards and she looked like she has been feasting, for sure. Anyway, I figured I was probably out for something close to 30 minutes.

Other than that, I didn’t sun any today. My outdoor activities took up several hours, some in the sun, some in the shade. I put my basil in planters, the parsley in a box that once held coconut milk (no, I didn’t buy coconut milk–the people at the Asian market had packed my purchases in the box). I also planted some stevia seeds I’d gotten last year. I hope they are still viable and will come up. There were eight seeds, all told, so I put two in each of four little pots. One of the ladies who comes in to the hospital now and then wants a start so that’s added incentive to get them going. I need to get a spray bottle so I can water them. The seeds aren’t planted in the soil but on top of it. I’ll have to get some more planters for the cilantro. I’m going to have my herbs in those and have lettuces in grow boxes if all goes as planned.

I got Piotr’s photo of sliced apples downloaded and partially laid out. I’m working on the Big Blue Marble. I have the Western Hemisphere and now I’ll start on the Eastern. The first one was almost 10 MB and was balky getting going. I had to stop and start several times before it finally cooperated. The second one isn’t quite so big but it’s big enough to take awhile on dialup.

I came across an interesting tool today. Click here to access it.

Hopefully, the marble will be downloaded by the time I get up in the morning. Good night!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.