I was up at 5:45 am and didn’t stop until 9:30p.

Or maybe 9:45. I don’t remember. I did all of my exercises.


27 ozzies grapefruit juice
A quart of OJ/peach smoothie

On the way out
Over a quart of strawberries
3 bananas

On the road again
3 bananas
Dehydrated mango
Coconut bacon

3 tomatoes with Tajin
Fred’s Mom’s Salad
Coconut bacon (one piece)

I got started at maybe three or four minutes after 11. Mother’s grave was just off the road on the way so I did a true drive-by. I said, “Hi, Mother! Bye, Mother!” and continued on.

The first place I stopped was the Asian Market. I was there less than 15 minutes. I’d ordered three boxes of mangos but she’d understood me to say two. She let me have the last five that were left from another box. They didn’t have any bean sprouts this time, either.

Onward through the fog (it really was foggy coming down the mountain this morning) and to the organic grocery. I couldn’t find the sales slip that had the bulk spinach on it that I couldn’t use. Guess that’s a complete loss.

It was 12:45 by the time I left there so I decided I would go to ALDI on the way back. Turns out I would have had plenty of time.

When I got to the university supermarket, I was surprised to see my son, DIL, and granddaughter sitting on the seats just inside the door. They were waiting for my granddaughter’s friend who was going to the exhibition, too. I went in and what did I discover but persimmons! I got 10 in a bag and then decided to get a box, too. They are imported from Israel. I was fully prepared to do without persimmons until fall. It was a nice surprise. They had torula yeast. I got some for Twinkle, enough to make sure she doesn’t run out any time soon.

My son drove my car to the church parking lot and we walked from there to the gym. There was a pretty good crowd there. This was the first time they’d ever done a matinee. The main event was last night.

I stopped in the bathroom and was the only one using the facilities. When I got through, I discovered I couldn’t get the door open. I tried and tried but no luck. Finally, I got down on the floor and crawled under the door. I couldn’t have done that two years ago without getting stuck. When I got to the other side, I tried the door again and it opened!

The exhibition started with the little kids. There were some who were pretty good. They were all better at it than I could ever be. Then the college kids took over. They were bouncing all over and turning themselves every which way but loose. The theme was fish. There was a huge “aquarium” at one side of the stage and it was part of one of the routines with a trampoline. The participants were dressed to represent fish and there were two others dressed as fishermen in jeans and T-shirts. A couple of fellows were sharks. It was a neat show. About halfway through, my granddaughter’s group came on. There was one little kid that was amazing. Since my g-daughter’s hip is giving her trouble, she was a base and a spotter. When they were here yesterday, she was doing handstands and cartwheels. She is really good at them. If there had been more room, I’m sure she had some other things she could have showed me. The full program lasted for about two and a half hours, more or less. I guess I’m getting old because I wondered why the music had to be so loud. Other than that, it was very enjoyable. We sat on the bleachers and were able to see everything.

About 3/4 of the way through, I had to go to the bathroom again (all the liquid and strawberries, I guess) and this time, I had the opposite experience. It was a different bathroom and the door kept coming open. I was busy the whole time making sure I wasn’t EXPOSED.

After it was over, I took my leave and went back to the supermarket and got yet another box of persimmons. They are of the fuyu persuasion and I’ll have them for a few weeks.

It was off to ALDI and Wally World. The trees were so pretty I had to drive through town. There were people on the porch of my cousin’s house on the corner. It looked pleasant, I enjoyed all the beautiful colors of the dogwood, both white and pink, redbuds, and wisteria. It didn’t take long to make my way to the turnoff and then home.

By the time I got the car unloaded, I was just about starved. I ate too fast and my stomach didn’t feel so good for awhile. I’m okay now, though. That’s one thing about raw food. Any discomfort doesn’t last.

I didn’t think I was ever going to get all the food put away. When I open the fridge, I feel like I’m being attacked. I need to take everything out and start over but not tonight!

It’s 11:11 and I’m yawning. Good night!

5 Responses to I was up at 5:45 am and didn’t stop until 9:30p.

  1. RawVegHead April 2, 2007 at 10:43 am #

    Hello Tommie,
    I noticed you do some shopping at Aldi’s. I shop there also for my family, but haven’t found any organic items there. Does your Aldi’s carry organic produce? If so, I might travel around a bit, there are Aldi’s all over the place in this state. Their prices are very good here.

  2. Joan April 2, 2007 at 3:35 pm #

    I wanted to share my favorite smoothie yet with you. Two bananas, one mango, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries and lots of spinach (I don’t measure, just feed it in until it’s really green. Then I sprinkled about two tablespoons of ground flax seed on top and ate it with a spoon until the flax was gone and then I drank the rest. I just loved it.

  3. Tommie April 2, 2007 at 8:40 pm #

    RVH, my ALDI doesn’t carry organic but you never know. Over the weekend, the person I buy tomatoes and oranges from called and said she had some organic red sweet peppers. I went by today and bought a dozen. I gave two to the neighbors and froze the rest. I try to buy all organic greens but the rest is hit or miss. I don’t stress over not being able to eat all organic. I do what I can and that’s all I can do. I want to have a 4X4 square foot garden this summer and add another next year and another the year after that so I can grow my own, at least during the milder months.

    Joan, that sounds yummy. The blueberries thicken it up a lot. I probably wouldn’t put the flax seed on but that’s me. Did you see the birthday greetings to you on the forum?

  4. Joan April 3, 2007 at 9:39 am #

    I’m embarassed to say that I am so computer illiterate that I couldn’t find it. Even the forum is confusing to me. I’m not sure how to maneuver around in it. It became to confusing when it got busy so I only go there once in awhile when I have a lot of time.

  5. Tommie April 3, 2007 at 9:17 pm #

    Joan, lots of people have told me the same thing but, with time, you’ll get it. Your birthday wishes are here http://reallyrawfood.com/forum/index.php?topic=403.0 in this topic.

    http://reallyrawfood.com/forum/index.php?board=12.0 is the place you should start. Read through the posts and you’ll find it isn’t quite as daunting as it seems.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.